cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8641D+DDR2 ECC enabling

Jump to solution
rekham
Contributor I

Hi I am new to developing a board with MPC8641D with enabling DDR2 ECC.

My question is We are designed our customized board using power pc MPC8641 processor with DDR2 ecc as in document MPC8641DRM-pg no 8-49(415), and enabled ECC in DDR SDRAM Control Configuration (DDR_SDRAM_CFG). But my board was not booting with ecc. without ecc its booting. I am missing anything regarding this DDR2 ECC, please let me know is there any problem with my code.

Is there any problem while booting with this ECC. please let me know procedure for this

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

There may be hardware problem on the ECC byte lane or ECC memory was not properly initialized. After power-on the ECC DDR memory does not contain valid ECC syndromes. Hence read access from uninitialized ECC memory will raise ECC error. Notice that 32-bit write access also starts from read. Preferable way of ECC memory initialization is DRAM data initialization enabled by D_INIT. ECC is correctly generated and stored during the DRAM data initialization when D_INIT is set.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

There may be hardware problem on the ECC byte lane or ECC memory was not properly initialized. After power-on the ECC DDR memory does not contain valid ECC syndromes. Hence read access from uninitialized ECC memory will raise ECC error. Notice that 32-bit write access also starts from read. Preferable way of ECC memory initialization is DRAM data initialization enabled by D_INIT. ECC is correctly generated and stored during the DRAM data initialization when D_INIT is set.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

rekham
Contributor I

thank you its working after enable the D_INIT.

0 Kudos