cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8309 PTP support

marco_praduroux
Contributor I

Hi all,
we have a MPC8309 based board and we would add the IEEE1588 PTP support, as noted into the mpc8309twr documentation the ptp stack is provided only by IXXAT (ptp_8309_oc). Where can I find it? it is not mentioned on the IXXAT website and I had no luck with the online support.

Has enyone succeded to implement the PTP stack on the MPC8309, for example porting linuxptp on this platform?

Any help about this argument will be appreciated.

Regards,

Marco

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marco Praduroux,

You  could refer to MPC8309 PTP IEEE 1588  .

In addition, you could refer to MPC8315 released Linux BSP, Open Source PTPD stack or proprietary IXXAT stack both with hooks to use the hardware time-stamping.

You could download Linux BSP for Freescale MPC8315E-RDB from Linux BSP for Freescale MPC8315E-RDB.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

marco_praduroux
Contributor I

Hello yipingwang‌,
 Thank yu so much for your reply. It was very helpful, however I've found that the MPC8315 BSP use the gianfar driver that supports the eTSEC module that seems not available on the MPC8309. In my understanding, the MPC8309 can use only the ucc_geth driver that supports the ucc modules inside its QUICC Engine.

In your post MPC8309 PTP IEEE 1588 I've found the patch for the ucc_geth driver to enable the ptp HW timestamping, but I'm not sure this patch is also compatible with ptpd or linuxptpd because it seems developed for the IXXAT stack. Can you tell me if my conclusions above are correct and if the ptpd (or linuxptp) are compatible with the patched ucc_geth driver?

Thanks,

Marco

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ptpd is not compatible with this patch.

0 Kudos

marco_praduroux
Contributor I

This is a very bad news, I resume the situation:
1) MPC8309 can use only ucc_geth driver.
2) ucc_geth driver (and its patch) is supported only by the IXXAT stack, other open source solutions (ptpd or linuxptp) doesn't works.
3) The IXXAT stack is not available anywhere.

How can I solve this issue without developing the ptp stack by myself?

0 Kudos