cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 can't support ISO7816-4

zhanglei2015xx
Contributor II

Dear,

The product is a pad with NFC Reader function. 

Refer to "AN11690-NXP NCI Android Porting Guidelines (REV 1.9).pdf", PN7150 driver has been implanted successfully to the Android 9.0 OS, and can read T1T~T4T normally.

But when read a transportation card by Taginfo App,  the "FULL SCAN"shows no "ISO 7816-4"supported, so there's also no "EXTRA"infomation, such as "PSE present".

Would you please tell me where is the code/config related with ISO7816 in the NXP PN7150 driver for android?  So I can check whether the ISO7816 protocol has been configured correctly.

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @zhanglei2015xx ,

This is an application layer issue, I think reading this transportation card requires a specific application, or have you successfully read this card with Taginfo App on another platform like a NFC phone?

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

zhanglei2015xx
Contributor II

Dear Kan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can read the card succfully with Taginfo App on my Huawei P30 Pro phone.

In the Taginfo on my phone, the "FULL SCREEN"shows "ISO 781604"supported.  I can also see the remaining sum inside card

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zhanglei2015xx ,

Thanks for the information! Would you please message me the customer name? I may check with the expert then.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

zhanglei2015xx
Contributor II

OK.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @zhanglei2015xx ,

Thanks for the information! I have consulted the expert, actually PN7150 Android 9 porting is based on google AOSP NFC service implementation (only patches are to add support for specific PN7150 features). Google AOSP NFC service supports ISO7816-4 (over ISO14443-4 RF protocol), so PN7150 should be able to properly report this card as standard.

Is it possible to have the ADB log of this scenario for a deeper analysis?

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

zhanglei2015xx
Contributor II

Dear Kan,

Thanks very much. Customer use TagInfo app to read the transport card again,  and output the log as attached. Please check & advise.

0 Kudos

zhanglei2015xx
Contributor II

@Kan_Li  Dear Kan, any update? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zhanglei2015xx ,

From the logs everything is running as expected. The tag is being properly detected and the NFC service checks if the card own NDEF content (via ISO7816 select application C-APDU command) and the card answers with no NDEF support.

I don't know on which information NFC Tag info is displaying ISO7816-4 support but I don't see any limitation from NFC service side. Any Android application should be able to use NFC service API to communicate with such card via ISO7816-4 command without any issue.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos