Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG I2C Plus / How to access config-register by I2C-command

Jump to solution
heuer
Contributor I

Hi,

i am developing an NFC-microcontroller application. My host is an microchip PIC MCU and I want to use the NTAG-SRAM-mapping. Now I have a problem to reach the NTAG-config-register from my PIC-I2C connection. My commands from the MCU-side works only with the NTAG-session-register. But i want to store the sram-configuration persistant, so i have to use the config-register. 

My first question: Is it possible to get access the config-register by using the I2C-register-operation-commands shown in the manual? (NTH3H2111_2211 Point 9.8 "WRITE and READ register operation")  Or does this command only works with the session register?

I want to do all the configurations of the NTAG-chip from my MCU. So whats the best way to configure the registers?

Best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To access config-register, you have to refer to Fig 18. I2C READ and WRITE operation as this register locates in EEPROM.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
heuer
Contributor I

Hi Kan_Li,

thank you very much. This solved my issue.With the (NTH3H2111_2211 Fig 18.)  I2C READ WRITE command, I now have access to the configregister. The other (NTH3H2111_2211 Fig 19.)  I2C READ WRITE register command only works with the session-register.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To access config-register, you have to refer to Fig 18. I2C READ and WRITE operation as this register locates in EEPROM.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos