how to get the history data from the tlogger app after setting it to pristine state?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the history data from the tlogger app after setting it to pristine state?

ashtri008
Contributor II

After Enabling the pristine option in config part, we are not able to get any data from the app other than the current temperature.

Tags (2)
18 Replies

stevewald
Contributor III

Remember you have to power down or reset the device after reprogramming in order for the new firmware to start up. I've had this drilled into me and yet keep forgetting it.

Steve

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unrelated to this topic: there is a new Flash Magic version, where an option has been added, specifically for NHS31xx ICs, to reset the IC and execute the newly flashed firmware immediately. Tick the "Execute" checkbox for that, prior to starting the flash operation.

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

That is as expected.

The ability to go back to a pristine mode is present to allow you to use the NHS3100 Demo PCB and corresponding APP multiple times, without one demo moment influencing the other.

We don't expect this 'feature' to be present in a production-ready solution.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

Hi Dries

I understand what you are saying, and of course, the basic idea behind “Pristine State”. However, my question is different. Now that the chip is back to original state and I have configured new parameters (temp. range, etc.) it should again start recording any discrepancies. That is not happening. It doesn’t show any logged entries, irrespective of the temperature changes.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry, my bad.

After applying a new configuration, and receiving a confirmation message, the logging should just start. Can you check if the APP behavior corresponds to the screenshots given in the manual? The manual can be found at <SDK>/docs/UM11127.pdf since SDK 11.2 (the current latest).

After reconfiguring and starting the demo PCB, can you send me the XML log of NXP's Tag Info? That will show a.o. the firmware version info, and set configuration. That can also be sent directly to me outside this thread, if you prefer.

Thanks,
Dries.

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

It is just as you said we are doing the same by sending the configuration of the card and it also shows the measurement has started message but it always shows us the same information, which is only one logged value since january and measurement has stopped after timeout exception it doesn't seem to log anything further.Is something wrong with the card?

And as for the card Specification its:- NHS tag type 2, Mifare ultralight based.

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

Screenshot_20180823-102857_TagInfo (1).jpg

Thanks.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks.

Can you also provide the contents of the "NDEF" and the "FULL SCAN" tabs?

Dries.

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

Please Find the other Screenshots related to the tag info as an attachment with this mail.

Thanks.ndef Scan1.jpgndefscan2.jpgndefscan3.jpgfulsacan1.jpgfullscan2.jpgfullscan3.jpgfullscan4.jpg

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshots.

I see two alerts:

ALERT: battery is empty.

ALERT: stopped after the configured time

This corresponds to the status field in the MIME record starting with

48 01 ... 

It seems that the battery is empty. Can you replace it and try again?

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

Thank you for the reply.

According to our understanding, NFC tags/chips are passive in nature and are charged by induction so they don't need external charging.

Does that mean its battery is completely failed and need to replace?

If this is the case then please guide us how this would be done in this tag (Please see the frontsideNFCtag.jpgbacksideNFCtag.jpgattached pic)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashtri,

I was assuming you were using a demo PCB as sold by NXP - see NHS3100UCODEADK - NHS3100 - UCODE-I2C|NXP.

With these, you can easily swap the battery, as stevewald already detailed out.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

stevewald
Contributor III

Ashtri,

The NHS3100 is capable of doing some things using only the NFC inductive power, but the tlogger app is not designed for that. Storing and reading long histories of data take too much time and energy.

I don't recognize the tag in your pictures. For your development work, I would suggest purchasing the development starter kit: NHS3100 Starter Kit for Temperature Monitoring|NXP. On the demo-tag PCB, the battery is a button cell spring loaded into the metal housing just under the ‘NHS3100’ label. You push it out with a probe tip and replace it. This battery is not rechargeable, and is not commonly found in American electronics departments. You can purchase it on-line though. Look for BR1225 (3V Lithium) or brand name equivalents e.g. Energizer EBR1225.

Steve

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ashtri & Steve,

Yes and no.

Yes, without a battery, using just the power harvested from the NFC field, a tag reader is able to communicate and read out all data just fine. But indeed, the tlogger demo firmware was not designed for a passive operation: it explains the use case of unattended logging and monitoring of the temperature, so that the storage conditions of the product or box it is attached to can be guarded. This requires a battery, so it can operate also when no phone is held nearby.

Later, after days/weeks/months of active monitoring, the quality of the goods can be checked with a single tap; and if needs be, all data remain available on the tag to learn when anomalies occurred, allowing you to remedy your cold chain.

If you don't require active logging, you can implement your own firmware and fully customize the behavior of the NHS3100 IC.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

stevewald
Contributor III

Guys,

We worked on the passive case with the NHS3100 for several months. We found that the best scenario is to have the battery-less tag dump log entries to the web through a custom App and firmware. Lacking access to the internet, passive data logging is unreliable, but can be done with patience and experiment. Some smart phones are much better than others in this aspect. The iPhone (we tried i7) is especially problematic.

Steve

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing this out. You're correct, dumping large amounts of data without a battery is as good as impossible using an iPhone. On iOS11, the NFC field is only on for the shortest possible amount of time: the time is needs to connect to a tag and read out the NFC memory, once. Without a battery, this means that after reading the first NDEF message, the IC will lose all power again, which makes it practically impossible to transfer more data using multiple NDEF messages. Android phones take another approach: the NFC field remains on, allowing the IC to prepare a new message and make it available in the NFC memory between two reads by the tag reader (the phone).

Dries.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which chip/board are you using?

0 Kudos

ashtri008
Contributor II

IC Type-NHS3100

Tag type- type 2 

ISO/IEC- 14443-3