Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register symbol value and reset value

Jump to solution
YangHF
Contributor I

Hello community,

I want to use MC33774 to monitor the battery cell status, and I already have the file MC33774A Data sheet (0.1). I would like to ask some questions, please.

In ALLM_ In the CFG register, the value of bit 0 MEASEN is 0. Will writing 1 make it impossible to measure or meaningless?

The reset value of MEASEN is also 0. Can I not write value to ALLM_ In the CFG register always and IC automatically run with this register default values?

Additionally, I feel that the bit of the BALPAUSELEN signal is written incorrectly, it should be bit2, and bit15:2 should be reserved.

Best wishes, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please see the info below about the usage of ALLM registers.

From the AN12913 (MC33775A and MC33774A measurement):

Capture.JPG

From the MC33774 datasheet:

Capture 1.JPG

Using the ALLM registers results not only in fewer write commands, but also ensures synchronicity between the measurement chains.

So if you set the MEASEN bit in the ALLM_CFG register, the MEASEN bit in both the PRMM_CFG and SECM_CFG registers will be set at the same time and the data acquisition enabled.

Capture 2.JPG

The same applies to the BALPAUSELEN[15:2] bits.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am not sure I fully understand your question.

First off, I would recommend you to download the latest (Rev. 1) MC33774A datasheet which is classified as a Secure file requiring an NDA.

Regarding the MEASEN bit, please see below.

Table 16.JPG

As for the BALPAUSELEN [15:2] bits, please see below.

BALPAUSELEN.JPG

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
YangHF
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

I have downloaded 33774 datasheetV1.0. In the screenshot below, the value of "MEASEN" is oniy "0". Can I set "MEASEN" to "1"? What will be the result of this?And  the "BALPAUSELEN" in the screenshot is not described in detail. Does it have the same meaning as the "BALPAUSELEN" you replied to me on Wednesday?

YangHF_0-1697190543663.png

Thank you! Best wishes!

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please see the info below about the usage of ALLM registers.

From the AN12913 (MC33775A and MC33774A measurement):

Capture.JPG

From the MC33774 datasheet:

Capture 1.JPG

Using the ALLM registers results not only in fewer write commands, but also ensures synchronicity between the measurement chains.

So if you set the MEASEN bit in the ALLM_CFG register, the MEASEN bit in both the PRMM_CFG and SECM_CFG registers will be set at the same time and the data acquisition enabled.

Capture 2.JPG

The same applies to the BALPAUSELEN[15:2] bits.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
YangHF
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Is my viewpoint below correct? In ALLM_CFG register, when "MEASEN" =1 , enable all measurement, When "MEASEN" =0, disable all measurement. And when "BALPAUSECYCMODEN" =1 , enable all balancing pause, When "BALPAUSECYCMODEN" =1, disable all balancing pause.

YangHF_1-1697509103765.png

If there is a sudden power outage, which registers of 33774 will not lose data? I didn't see relevant content in the datasheet. Could you tell me? Thank you!

Best wishes!

0 Kudos
YangHF
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

I'm very sorry to bother you again. I didn't find the latest version date sheet. Can you give me a website address to get this document? I will check my NDA level. Thank you!

Best wishes!

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MC33774A datasheet (Rev. 1) is available under Secure Files on the following website:

https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/battery-management/battery-cell-controllers/18-channel...

Capture.JPG

Please make sure you are signed in to nxp.com. If you do not see the MC33774A datasheet, please click on "Request additional access" or edit your secure access rights by going to My NXP > Profile. 

For more information about secure access rights, please refer to this website:
https://www.nxp.com/support/support/secure-access-rights:SEC-ACCESS

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
YangHF
Contributor I
Hello Tomas,
Thank you very much. I will get the latest (Rev. 1) MC33774A datasheet.
Best wishes
0 Kudos