Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a suitable EVM board

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Hi there,

I have been back to high power design.
My system contains 3phase, 380V, 50Hz ac input, secondary surge protector, Aux Tr ( single phase, 380V/220V, 300VA), phase transformer( 3ph, 380v/12v,0v,12v,100VA) and a main transformer ( 3ph, 380V/9V,18V,800VA),
SCR(1600V, 50A) bridge, DC reactor( DC 20V,20A). Rectifier output should be DC 20V 20A.

My requested EVM should be,

1. PTR secondary windings phase, amplitude and rating controller.
2. MTRs secondary fuse (690V, 32 A) sensing
3. SCRs switching controller.
4. 50mlV, 30A shunt sensing,
5. GPS communication,
6. RSM
7. LAN
8. Display....etc,

Kindly recommend me one.
You can also transfer this post to suitable forum.

Regards

Tags (2)
7 Replies

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you looked at this Evaluation platform HVP-MC3PH. Here is a link to it.

It does not meet your exact requirements but it is the closest available solution.

Below I have copied an overview

Overview

The NXP® High-Voltage Development Platform is an evaluation and development solution for Kinetis® V Series MCUs and NXP Digital Signal Controllers.

• The platform enables development of 3-phase PMSM, BLDC and ACIM motor control and power factor correction solutions in a safe high-voltage environment
  • It is an isolated solution that provides the development base for the Controller Cards supporting NXP MCUs
  • The platform is compatible with all Kinetis V series MCUs and DSC Controller Cards. The development platforms includes HVP-KV46F150M controller card in the box.
  • The HVP-KV31F120M and HVP-KV11Z75M are now enabled with Kinetis Motor Suite. Kinetis Motor Suite is a software solution that enables the rapid configuration of motor drive systems, and accelerates development of the final motor drive application, whilst improving overall motor system performance. For more information go to nxp.com/kms

Main board (power stage)

• Input voltage 85-240V AC, 110-390VDC
  • Output power 1kW without PFC, 0.8kW with PFC
  • Output current 8A peak
  • Analog sensing (input voltage, DCB voltage, DCB current, phase currents, back-EMF voltage, PFC currents, IGBT module temperature monitoring)
  • Motor speed/position sensors interface (Encoder, Hall, Tacho generator)
  • Over voltage comparator with DC-brake resistor interface
  • Current inrush circuit
  • Hardware over-current fault protection

Regards,

Philip

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III
It does not meet your exact requirements but it is the closest available solution.

Does it have any reference design?

I mean schematics ? Please share it.

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes the schematic, the design files are available. Please go to nxp.com and search for HVP or use this link. Once there go to the Software and Tools tab and find the download link for the platform and each of the MCU evaluation boards. 

Printed Circuit Boards for Reference Designs (5)

HVP-MC3PH PCB Layout(REV C)

• PDF150.7 kBLAY-28118

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Hello Sir Drake,

Kindly make sure your evm can applicable to,  Line frequency monitoring, Dip/Swell monitors, Zero Cross and Phase Angle measurement.

0 Kudos

pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the HVP-MC3PH board provides analog sensing of:

• input line voltage
  • dc-bus voltage
  • dc-bus current
  • phase motor current
  • back-emf signals
  • PFC currents
  • power module temperature

Detail specification can be found in a board User's manual

Using these analog signals you should be able to implement features listed in your previous request to your application code.

Regards,

Pavel

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

After going through deeply your suggestions,  I feel like  I need to think more about current and voltage controll in this system besides other things we have discussed.

Introducing FPGA could be a solution, dynamic range of the ADC is needed.

Kindly take a look this resaerch paper.

0 Kudos

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

let me try on it.

0 Kudos