次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Need help flash RBF to MPC5777C-DEVB to use model-based design toolbox

ソリューションへジャンプ
4,983件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

I know this has been asked several times, but after studying them, I still cannot make this work. Please help!

• Windows 10 Professional
  • S32 Design Studio for PA v2.1
  • Matlab 2020a
  • NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx – version 3.2.0
  • MPC5777C-DEVB: connected to computer via USB supplied

Please see attachment for flash configuration and error messages. 

Things tried:

1. Connection of the board to computer is confirmed, because I was able to get the welcome message from Tera Term window.
  2. Also tried to flash other RBF images from this community, but none works. 
  3. Played with flash config settings such as debug shift frequency, delay etc.. None works.
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
4,565件の閲覧回数
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Elisay 

The Release notes, mention the R2016a up to R2020a because, at the release date, the latest MATLAB version available is R2020a. From my experience, you can use the R2020b with no worries for the code generation, but there might be some issues with PIL, or may not. But for code generation, you can use the R2020b with no worries. 

For not show any blocks in the Simulink Library Browser, just open the Simulink Library Browser and press the F5 button. If a dialog box appears, just use the option in the middle, smth with Generate in the memory, I can't provide a screenshot.

Regards,

Marius

元の投稿で解決策を見る

8 返答(返信)
4,952件の閲覧回数
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Elisay ,

Looks like the debug probe cannot connect to the MCU. This is not something related to the rbf file. Can you please try checking if the probe is right connected and the MCU is powered up?

Also, for the MPC5777C you have to do an extra step when flashing the bootloader RBF file. Please check below or in the MPC57xx_Series_Quick_Start_Guide delivered with our toolbox. However, the error you receive is not related to the step below. It has to do with the connection.

mariuslucianand_0-1634111345691.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,816件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

Hello @mariuslucianand:

Thanks much for your reply to my recent question regarding RBF flashing on MPC5777C-DEVB! With your help, I have been able to flash the bootload via PROGPPCNEXUS (not with S32 though). We have just got Embedded coder and am going through the UART_hello_world example, but I have got an error message of "Loss communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again. The operation has timed out." Flashing was still in "INIT" stage when the error appeared.

I have made sure I reset my board every time, but the error persists. I also tried to re-flash the bootloader, but no luck so far. Please advise what might be the problem. Thanks much!

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,932件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

Thanks much @mariuslucianand for your prompt reply!

Your advice definitely helped - I now can pass the 61% stopping point, but got a new problem that stops the flashing process. Please see attached for console output regarding this. By the way, I indeed have done in my flash configuration the extra step #5 you mentioned. 

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,837件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

Update: Still no luck with S32 flashing, so I tried programming using PROGPPCNEXUS. It seems worked, at least no errors. But I cannot get the message from the Simulink uart_hello_world_mpc574xP.mdl model. Like I mentioned, I was able to get the welcome message when setting up the hardware, which means the serial port is working. Please advice what else I could use to test the problem. 

Oh, we are still in the process of renewing Matlab embedded coder - I hope that's not a pre-requisite for this step.

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,774件の閲覧回数
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Elisay,

The model you are mentioning is uart_hello_world_mpc574xP.md while the board you are trying to execute the generated code is the MPC5777C. Please try using the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C.mdl model. It seems that you are trying with the wrong model.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,707件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

Thanks @mariuslucianand ! Yes, I tried the uart_hello_world_mpc5777C.mdl model too. After back and forth debugging, it looks like we might have some problem with "reset" and a power-off is necessary before doing a reset. Is there a fix for this? 

Also appreciate any information regarding BMS using NXP MBD toolbox, especially if there is a BMS demo available for MPC5777C-DEVB.

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,713件の閲覧回数
Elisay
Contributor I

Just found that the Toolbox does not show in Simulink library browser! After some investigation, it looks like the Toolbox I'm using, version 3.2.0, was created with Simulink version 10.2, which goes with MATLAB R2020b, but I'm using R2020a. The reason I use R2020a is because the Release Notes of MBD Toolbox V3.2.0 indicates it supports R2016 up to R2020a.

Now I am really confused - which version should I use to make this work? Please help!

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,566件の閲覧回数
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Elisay 

The Release notes, mention the R2016a up to R2020a because, at the release date, the latest MATLAB version available is R2020a. From my experience, you can use the R2020b with no worries for the code generation, but there might be some issues with PIL, or may not. But for code generation, you can use the R2020b with no worries. 

For not show any blocks in the Simulink Library Browser, just open the Simulink Library Browser and press the F5 button. If a dialog box appears, just use the option in the middle, smth with Generate in the memory, I can't provide a screenshot.

Regards,

Marius