cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOM CODE FOR MCD Toolbox of KVx series

CauTran
Contributor I

Dear NXP support, 

Currently, I am using MCD toolbox to buil my application. I had embedded a custom code for the application, but I had an error while build project.

I am using IAR compiler 

CauTran_0-1631259214514.png

CauTran_1-1631259259892.png

CauTran_2-1631259470726.png

CauTran_3-1631259635698.pngCauTran_4-1631259679641.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Sanchez25
Contributor I

The Mule context in depth; How to interact with Mule from code; Mule's internal API; Testing tools and practices; Debugging tools and practices.

AlaskasWorld PET

0 Kudos

nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @CauTran ,

Is your model building fine without the custom code block? I'm seeing that you have spaces in your path and on windows environment you can have issues when using this kind of paths. I recommend to use paths without spaces in it. 

I also see that you not using the recently released toolbox for Kinetis V series, but an older version based on a KSDK that is not longer supported. We no longer make support for this old version of the toolbox; you should consider transitioning to the Model-Based Design Toolbox for KVx Series MCUs v1.0.0.  to take advantage of the latest SDK for this MCU and also the flexibility on initialization by using the MCUXConfiguration Tool.

Best regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos

CauTran
Contributor I

Hi,

My code was build successfully without custom code. The previous version has many component than current version. Therefore, I prefer use it to my application. 

NXP should update the current MBDT for KVx series.

0 Kudos

nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @CauTran ,

Can you share the generated makefile?

We have in plan an update for the KVx toolbox but will not have the same blocks as the Kinetis toolbox you are using now because of the SDK used by the two. The MBDT KVx (recently released) toolbox is based on the latest SDK for the KV5x MCU whereas the Kinetis toolbox is based on an SDK that is not longer supported, that had a different API comparing with the current one.

Best regards,

Alexandra 

0 Kudos

CauTran
Contributor I

Hi, I saw a function related with custom is mcd_copy function. But I don't see any examples or help to clarify to use this one. Can you give a example for using this function? Currently, I am still using MCDT for my project. I hope you can update current mbdt package to have full function.  

Thank you. 

@nxa11767 

0 Kudos

CauTran
Contributor I

@nxa11767 @mariuslucianand  Please help me to deal with this problem. Thanks you.

0 Kudos