Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Generated code on NXP S32DS ver 1.3

viet
Contributor II

Hi @marius

my model is design on S32k118

i have following the tutorial to import the generated code to S32 DS version 1.3

Can compile the code on S32 DS, but there is no option to change to S32k118 target in the debug configuration ==> i am not able to debug the generated code on S32k118 development kit.

viet_0-1631084871207.png

my generated code is attached.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

joshua_hong
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand 

do you mean using the S32DS for ARM 2.2 and follow the steps outline by Daniel in this link?

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/How-to-export-Generated-Code-to-S32-Des...

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @viet.

Can you please update the S32DS to the S32DS for ARM 2.2?

Also, can you please install as well the RTM update 3.0.3?

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

viet
Contributor II

Hi @mariuslucianand 

i tried with version S32DS version 2.2 but i am not able to compile the code, so not change to check the debug configuration. 

Could you please show me how to install please install as well the RTM update 3.0.3, i think this is the last hope. 

thanks
Viet

0 Kudos

joshua_hong
Contributor III

Hi @viet,@mariuslucianand 

I helped Viet to checked his setup.

Viet seem to use the Embedded Coder, instead of the Embedded Coder Support Package for ARM Cortex-M processors.

Viet will install the mentioned package, and update us the result.

Best Regards

Joshua

0 Kudos

joshua_hong
Contributor III

Hi @viet , @mariuslucianand ,

turns out that the <LinkerOptList> <Option> has paths that has space characters.

if we remove the space characters in <LinkerOptList> <Option>, and import the ProjectInfo.xml into S32DS for ARM 2.2, the project will be imported with C/C++ Build option available.

Best Regard

Joshua

Field Application Engineer

WT Microelectronics

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @viet 

Please download the archive from the following link:

Once you have the archive, please go to S32DS for ARM 2.2. Go to Help, select Install new Software, press Add and browse for the archive and follow the instructions.

mariuslucianand_0-1631688029818.png

That should be all. 

The only thing to do is to please check to don't have some blank spaces in the path, like  "MATLAB AddOns".

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos