cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet forwarding

cerma
Contributor IV

Hello,

Is it possible with MQX forward packets from one interface to another?

Concretely, we would like to connect modem via usb port and then create PPP connection to internet. With this PPP connection we would like to forward packets from eth interface to PPP and vice versa. Is it possible with MQX? Is there better (easier) way?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jaroslav,

Unfortunately we don't have an example like you need, however you can use the below example as guide.

How to Create a PPP Connection with MQX4.2 and Win 7

It is necessary to set following macros to 0 in <board>.h file  to disable checksum calculation by ENET module:

#define BSPCFG_ENET_HW_TX_IP_CHECKSUM 0

#define BSPCFG_ENET_HW_TX_PROTOCOL_CHECKSUM 0

#define BSPCFG_ENET_HW_RX_IP_CHECKSUM 0

#define BSPCFG_ENET_HW_RX_PROTOCOL_CHECKSUM 0

In addition, you have to use 'natinit' for both PPP network and private network. For example you can use the following steps to config for board:

ipconfig 0 initi

pconfig 0 ip 192.168.1.105 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

ppp listen ittyd: public abcd 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.217

natinit 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

natinit 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

dnat 1 TCP 21 21 192.168.1.92 21

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cerma
Contributor IV

Hello Sol,

is there any example or manual for creating PPP via GPRS or 3G modem? Modem will be connected via USB. Do I assume correctly that it will create virtual com port? I so, how do I create PPP connection through this virtual port? I know that in classic linux distro PPP deamon handles all modem settings. How it is done in MQX? Is it the same?

0 Kudos