MQX 4.2, MQX 4.1, MQX 4.0 Command Line Build Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2, MQX 4.1, MQX 4.0 Command Line Build Question

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

I downloaded MQX 4.2. I read the paragraph in doc/MQX_Getting_Started.pdf on using MinGW make to build MQX for target boards via the command line.

Executing the published command line, nothing was built.

Looking in the specified directory, Freescale_MQX_4_2/build/<target>/make, there is no makefile or makefile.mak or any other file for MinGW make to execute.

I then compared the 4.2 download to the 4.1 download.

The 4.2 download is missing batch files pre-built to build MQX for the specific board.

The directory path is Freescale_MQX_4_2/build/<target>/make

The make directory contains tools but no pre-built batch files.

Looking closer, the paragraph on running MinGW make states:

To rebuild the MQX RTOS libraries navigate to the <install_dir>/build/<board>/make directory and run this command

(building MQX RTOS using the GCC from CW10.3 and later version of the toolchain):

C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe build TOOL=cw10gcc CONFIG=debug

The path should be

<install_dir>/<mqx_component>/build/make/<board>

However, this has to be run for each and every component of MQX.

The pre-built batch files of MQX 4.1 walk through each of the MQX components, saving a lot of typing.

To further confuse things, I looked at MQX 4.0.

In the original path Freescale_MQX_4_0/build/<board>/make is indeed a makefile as required for the the Getting Started PDF MinGW make paragraph.

Please, what are command line build instructions for MQX 4.2? Did I install MQX 4.2 improperly?

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Keith,

Please check the following video and please let me know if this helps.

Video Link : 3373

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

preetmehta
Contributor III

Hi soledad,

Can you please share some information on how to build the MQX libraries with Truestudio atollic.

What are the possible ways?

I have heard about command line MQX library building. But can you refer any resource in reference with atollic and MQX library building?

Thanks,

PM

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello PM,

Please check the below doc and let me know if this helps!!

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKGSATLUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=User...

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

preetmehta
Contributor III

Hello soledad,

Link you provided is I think for MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK. Unfortunately I am currently working with the classic MQX_4_1.

However if there is anything which can embed both of this will work. But still my question remains unanswered.

I am looking for a source which relates the Atollic and classic MQX (to be specific, I need bsp, psp, rtcs and usb libraries) build for my custom application

I have searched some points where I have found that one possible way is using the makefile.

Can you point the direction to any brief document or forum for Atollic and classic MQX?

Thanks,

PM

0 Kudos