MQX4.2 gets to "_sched_ready_internal()", but does not rum my application. Why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX4.2 gets to "_sched_ready_internal()", but does not rum my application. Why?

markkalior
Contributor II

I get no errors or warnings, for the BSP, PSP, and APP.   The code downloads and starts with no errors or warnings. 

Have based my application code on MQX\examples\spi\   (spi_twrk20d72m). 

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

Are you using a Freescale board? If this, please check the below warning:

• The default console interface (ttyb:) is routed to OSBDM-COM (USB mini connector). Use the P&E Microcomputer Systems OSJTAG terminal to access the board serial line.

• Because SCI1 module and SPI1 module share a pin PTE1, useTTYA as a terminal for the SPI1 module.

Could you please change the default console and use ttya?

Please let me know if this helps!

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

No, I'm not using a Freescale board.

Perhaps, I am wrong, but I don't think this is a hardware problem.   When I step through the MQX init, I see no errors, just MQX setting up an idle task, then starting the scheduler ("_sched_start_internal()").   The MQX doesn't crash.   I believe the MQX is executing the idle task.   Its behaving like there is no Application to execute. 

I do have the normal "MQX_init_struct" as outlined in "MQX_User_Guide.pdf", page 34 and MQX/examples/SPI/main.c, so I am expecting the MQX to execute my Application Task, but when I set a breakpoint on my task the software doesn't hit the breakpoint. 

Is there another step, that I am missing?    Why would MQX ignor my Task?   Linking problem? 

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please confirm which MQX version and IDE are you using?

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

MQX 4.2; IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 7.40.1.8472

Freescale K20.

using JTAG debugger IAR Systems I-Jet.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. I used the  twrk20d72 IAR and MQX4.2. I can debug the example without issues.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Is it possible you can test using the twrk20d72 in order to rule out problems with the hardware?

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

markkalior
Contributor II

Thanks for looking into this. 

I have subquently discovered a mistake on my part.   I had intended to use an external crystal connected to XTAL0 and EXTAL0, but used the XTAL32 and EXTAL32 instead.   So I have replaced the crystal with 32.768Khz crystal, in an effort to move forward.  I have also changed the initialization code to run off the RTC crystal.  It would seem the K20 does allow this setup. 

Can I use RTC external crystal, 32.768Khz connected to XTAL32 and EXTAL32 to run the K20 and not use the XTAL0 and EXTAL0?

I intend to use the FEE mode, sense the PEE mode is unavalible.   Is this a viable plan?

Also, the debugger is showing me most K20 Registers having the value 0xCDCDCDCD (MCG_xxx and RTC_xxxx).   Its hard to believe that is correct value.  Do you know what causes this behavior?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

we will continue the support in the thread:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/373895

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos