cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX and Kinetis Design Studio as working

Jump to solution
kevincarcel
Contributor II

Hello at present, I'm trying to work with the new develoment tool "Kinetis Design Studio". I want to develop an aplication with MQX in the FRDM-K64F.

I've tried to create a project MQX in KDS for differents ways:

*Create a project in Codewarrior 10.6 and import to KDS.(not compile)

*Create a project in KDS with/without Process Expert and KSDK.

*Create a simple project with Process Expert and KSDK, and include the component MQX and MQX task in my project.

Of the last two forms, I get to compile without errors, but i can't debug. Show the error "Can not read register XX (XX) while CPU is running".

How can i work with KDS and MQX? How can i create a MQX project?

Thanks for the help.

1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

With IAR and Keil we don't have any wizard, copy&paste the folder Project use to work. But some paths need to be modified.

For KDS would have to do the same.

1. Copy from the example folder a MQX project (i.e. C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello) and paste in any other folder.
  2. I remove the projects I don't need for other toolchains or other boards.
  3. Open for editing the .cproject with any text editor
  4. Search in file for "MQX_ROOT_DIR"  and change the value like this : "MQX_ROOT_DIR" type="VALUE_TEXT" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"/>
  5. Replace the string '${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..' by ‘{MQX_ROOT_DIR}'  (All the matches)
  6. Save the changes
  7. Import the project into KDS and build. You should build without errors.
  8. Change the project name if you want and now you have a MQX Template project that you can copy&paste any times and add the new sources.

Perhaps there is an easier path, but this one works for me.

Best Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
44 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

With IAR and Keil we don't have any wizard, copy&paste the folder Project use to work. But some paths need to be modified.

For KDS would have to do the same.

1. Copy from the example folder a MQX project (i.e. C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello) and paste in any other folder.
  2. I remove the projects I don't need for other toolchains or other boards.
  3. Open for editing the .cproject with any text editor
  4. Search in file for "MQX_ROOT_DIR"  and change the value like this : "MQX_ROOT_DIR" type="VALUE_TEXT" value="C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1"/>
  5. Replace the string '${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../..' by ‘{MQX_ROOT_DIR}'  (All the matches)
  6. Save the changes
  7. Import the project into KDS and build. You should build without errors.
  8. Change the project name if you want and now you have a MQX Template project that you can copy&paste any times and add the new sources.

Perhaps there is an easier path, but this one works for me.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Luis,

I create MQX project on kds  refer to you said ,while when build ,the compiler can't find the .h files , any other places need to be configured ?

Thank you !

Er.png

2.png

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Luis and kevin,et all

I'm so sorry that I just know MQX 4.1.1 released, thank you Luis.

Best Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos