cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker file for MQX makefile project?

Jump to solution
raels-r
Contributor IV

I'm trying to build an MQX library for KDS. So far i've managed to use mingw-make+the MQX .bat files to create a library in KDS' toolchain.

I've previously built a library for the same board in cw and noticed it built the linker file 'initflash.ld'.

Now if I try to build a demo application on gcc_arm from build_gcc_arm.bat in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\hello2\build\make\hello2_twrk60n512 , the cmd window complains about the missing linker file.

Any ideas why the linker file isn't being created?

changes I had to make so far in the MQX build system:

1) set gcc_arm TOOLCHAIN to "C:\Freescale\KDS_1.0.1\toolchain"

2) within gcc_arm.mak : change directories with /4.7.4/ to /4.8.0/

Update: I build the libraries for the twr40d100m and they automatically created a linker file.

Unfortunately I don't have a twr40 board, I need the libraries and linker for the twr60.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
raels-r
Contributor IV

Found out this was due to a corruption in my installation:

the folder C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\gcc_arm was missing from my mqx installation, along with the 'initflash.ld' stored within.

Restoring this from another computer led to the libraries correctly building and I was able to build the 'hello2' example and run it sucessfully

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
raels-r
Contributor IV

Found out this was due to a corruption in my installation:

the folder C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\gcc_arm was missing from my mqx installation, along with the 'initflash.ld' stored within.

Restoring this from another computer led to the libraries correctly building and I was able to build the 'hello2' example and run it sucessfully

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for share your solution.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos