cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32ds hello_pll_interrupt example can't run on DEVKit_MPC5748G board

Jump to solution
jzhang
Contributor I

Hello!  I am learning the interrupt configuration on MPC4758G, and trying to understand how the hello_pll_interrupt example in s32ds works. 

I found that this example can't flash any LEDs on DEVKit board.   Looks like the PIT interrupt set up in  PIT0_init(40000000) can't be directed to corresponding PIT0_irs().  

Could someone please help?  Thanks!   

Charlie

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

looks PRC_SELNx bits of used INTC PSR registers are not properly set. Use attached pit.c file and modify related code in all projects. Also in hello-pll-interrupt_z4_1.c modify SW_INT_1_init() to use register access for PSR register too, i.e.
INTC.PSR[1].R = 0x400F;

Then it seems there is wrong behavior in S32DS for debugging multicore projects, when PIT does not start when FRZ was set and some of other core was in debug/halted state. If other cores was in running or reset state PIT worked as expected. Single core project work normally.
Below guide shows how to debug multicore projects in S32DS;
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-debug-multi-core-project-in-S32-...

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

looks PRC_SELNx bits of used INTC PSR registers are not properly set. Use attached pit.c file and modify related code in all projects. Also in hello-pll-interrupt_z4_1.c modify SW_INT_1_init() to use register access for PSR register too, i.e.
INTC.PSR[1].R = 0x400F;

Then it seems there is wrong behavior in S32DS for debugging multicore projects, when PIT does not start when FRZ was set and some of other core was in debug/halted state. If other cores was in running or reset state PIT worked as expected. Single core project work normally.
Below guide shows how to debug multicore projects in S32DS;
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-debug-multi-core-project-in-S32-...

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
jzhang
Contributor I

Thanks! Petr, 

I got this example work.  Also want to mention that Z2 core need to be start first, followed by Z4_1 and Z4_2.  S32DS RMT sdk example has better documentation about this special sequence. 

Best regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos