Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C flash memory partition 6 and partition 7 swap

Jump to solution
kimdukyu
Contributor II

Hi.

Inquiry about the swap method of partition6(0x01000000) and partition7(0x01400000) of MPC5746C. Application A is stored on partition6 and application B is stored on partition7. I was wondering if there is a way to call the desired partition during the boot process. Or please let me know if it is swappable.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,
Usually there's a bootloader which is always started after reset. This bootloader should check the presence of application(s), check their integrity if needed (CRC or Flash Array Integrity Check), check which application is the more recent one and jump to it.
Another option is to change the boot header after loading of new application but there's a risk that this operation will be interrupted by unexpected reset / power-down. Using a bootloader is more common way.
Regards,
Lukas

lukaszadrapa_0-1659354096346.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,
Usually there's a bootloader which is always started after reset. This bootloader should check the presence of application(s), check their integrity if needed (CRC or Flash Array Integrity Check), check which application is the more recent one and jump to it.
Another option is to change the boot header after loading of new application but there's a risk that this operation will be interrupted by unexpected reset / power-down. Using a bootloader is more common way.
Regards,
Lukas

lukaszadrapa_0-1659354096346.png

kimdukyu
Contributor II

How to change boot header? Are you changing the address of the boot header? Or are you changing the data in the boot header? I tried to change the data in the boot header (0x00FA0000) using the flash_erase_program_mpc5746c example. But it didn't work properly.

I have two questions. I want to know how to check and boot the latest application and how to change the value of boot header. Finally, if I need a bootloader, do I have to implement a bootloader program?

Thank lukaszadrapa

0 Kudos