Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using config tools with vscode

Jump to solution
mttjcksn
Contributor II

Hi there, 

I'm getting started with the RT1170EVK and want to use vscode for development.

I'm following all the tutorials here: https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/vscode-for-mcux/wiki/Working-with-MCUXpresso-SDK
However, I'm currently stuck on missing drivers.

Here's my workflow:

- 'Installed' SDK repository with MCUXpresso extension in vscode

- Import blinky example for my EVK

- Right-click project in vscode 'projects' view and check the respository and toolchain are associated correctly under 'configure. 

- Right-click project in vscode 'projects' view and check all components I need have been selected under 'configure'.

- Check the project builds and runs ok

- Right-click project in vscode 'projects' view and go to 'configure > Open with MCUXpressor Config Tools'

Now, when I add peripherals, it complains that the drivers cannot be found:

mttjcksn_0-1708539259038.png

How do I get it to find these drivers?
I have managed to get the project to compile by manually editing the cmake files, but it is cumbersome and the config tool still shows lots of errors.

I'm also struggling to find any examples that use this generated code from the config tool. All the examples seem to use the fsl drivers directly and so do not help in learning the API very much.

Many thanks, Matt.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @mttjcksn 

According to your description, the tool doesn't recognize it. I tried to reproduce it, and my project code can be generated normally, we just need to change the generated code directory.

I used MCUXpresso Config Tools v15, and I recommend you try again with the latest version. When we open MCUXpresso Config Tools through VS Code, click "Configure Preferences" under "Edit" in the toolbar, and the reference window is as follows:

Alex_Wang_0-1708918241484.png

Click Edit to enter the window, add new rules as follows:

Alex_Wang_1-1708918389557.png

Once this is done, you can generate the code into the vs code project.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards, Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @mttjcksn 

According to your description, the tool doesn't recognize it. I tried to reproduce it, and my project code can be generated normally, we just need to change the generated code directory.

I used MCUXpresso Config Tools v15, and I recommend you try again with the latest version. When we open MCUXpresso Config Tools through VS Code, click "Configure Preferences" under "Edit" in the toolbar, and the reference window is as follows:

Alex_Wang_0-1708918241484.png

Click Edit to enter the window, add new rules as follows:

Alex_Wang_1-1708918389557.png

Once this is done, you can generate the code into the vs code project.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards, Alex

0 Kudos
mttjcksn
Contributor II

I followed your instructions and the errors are no longer there, thankyou