cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK 2.6.1 Problem Flashing Eval Boards

Jump to solution
nbgatgi
Contributor IV

I have been using MCUXpresso 10.3 and recently moved to 11.0.  Note that the problem explained below appears to be specific to the SDK version 2.6.1 and NOT to the version of MCUXpresso or particular eval board.

The type of eval board I've seen the problem with are for the RT1064 (MIMXRT1064-EVK).  Also, I have more than one of the RT1064 boards and the problem is consistent.  The SDK versions tested for the RT1064 are 2.4.1 and 2.6.1.  Version 2.5 was not released by NXP for the RT1064.

I have attached both versions of the SDK that I have been using.

NOTE:  The flashing problem does not exist when creating example code projects.  It only occurs when creating a "new project" with the new project wizard.

pastedImage_1.png

With out making any changes to the default selections as shown below, the project will be created and will compile without issue.

pastedImage_7.png

However, when I attempt to flash the code into the eval board by selecting debug I receive two error messages that are nearly identical.

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Here is what shows up in the console tab:

pastedImage_6.png

If I delete the SDK, reinstall version 2.4.1 and repeat the above process, the board flashes as expected.  Returning again to 2.6.1 and the problem returns.

I have repeated this sequence in MCUXpresso 10.3 and 11.

Since 2.4.1 is working, I'm not completely stuck, but for new work I prefer to work with the latest SDK.

Is there a work-around to address this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick Guzzardo

I can confirm this issue on my side. The problem is related to the flash drivers, by default, the project that you create doesn't select any flash driver:

pastedImage_1.png

If you add it manually, the project works as expected:

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick Guzzardo

I can confirm this issue on my side. The problem is related to the flash drivers, by default, the project that you create doesn't select any flash driver:

pastedImage_1.png

If you add it manually, the project works as expected:

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!