Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Step Through Function in RAM

Jump to solution
chadgraham
Contributor V

Hello,

In my project, I am writing a custom Bootloader using a RT1060EVK and have the major portion of the code setup as XIP.  I am trying use the program to erase/program/check a different section of the onboard QSPI device so I can "update" the device.  I have taken steps to place the entire QSPI access function class in the SDRAM and I am getting a hard fault (Invalid State) when I execute my code.

To debug this, I would like to step through the code to see where the actual crash occurs.  Unfortunately, I can only run the program to the first breakpoint and then the program will progress no further.  (I have to move the breakpoint and restart the application to "step" to the next line.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what needs to change to enable the IDE to step through functions in RAM?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chadgraham ,

You mean you want to debug the code in SDRAM? You can try to add '--cachelib libm7_cache.so' into RUN->Debug configure->project name-> LinkServer Debugger->Additinal options.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chadgraham ,

You mean you want to debug the code in SDRAM? You can try to add '--cachelib libm7_cache.so' into RUN->Debug configure->project name-> LinkServer Debugger->Additinal options.

Regards,

Jing