Need Help with a TWR-K65F180M KSDK "NullPointerException" Error on the MCUXpresso IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with a TWR-K65F180M KSDK "NullPointerException" Error on the MCUXpresso IDE

juanriveros
Contributor II

I'm pretty new to using the MCUXpresso IDE, and the TWR-K65F180 microcontroller, so I'm not sure what to do here, but I keep getting this null pointer exception error when I use the TWR-K65F180 SDK I downloaded and I have no idea what to do at this point. Can anyone explain why this happens and what I can do to fix it? 

NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.contains(String.java:2133)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifest.<init>(SDKManifest.java:248)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestFactory.createPackage(SDKManifestFactory.java:45)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.addToMap(SDKManifestProvider.java:524)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.access$0(SDKManifestProvider.java:519)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$1.visitFile(SDKManifestProvider.java:394)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider$1.visitFile(SDKManifestProvider.java:1)
at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2670)
at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2742)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.providers.SDKManifestProvider.refresh(SDKManifestProvider.java:366)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.SDKChipVendorDatabase.refresh(SDKChipVendorDatabase.java:568)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.views.SDKView.doDBRefresh(SDKView.java:948)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.datamodels.ui.jobs.SDKImportJob.run(SDKImportJob.java:93)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, make sure that you actually select MCUXpresso IDE as your toolchain in the settings mcuxpresso.nxp.com when you generate your SDK.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

juanriveros
Contributor II

Capture.JPG

This is the Build in the Archive

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juan,

In addition, I have several customers meet similar problem as yours because of incorrect SDK package.

Please try this one instead. I use it without problem.

SDK_2.2_TWR-K65F180M.zip - Google Drive 

To avoid old association, please create a NEW workspace then drag SDK_2.2_TWR-K65F180M.zip to "Installed SDKs"

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juanriveros
Contributor II

I ended up deleting all the SDKs I had previously downloaded, and the problem was fixed. I'm not sure what it was, because when I reinstalled the same SDK I had, the error message did not come up anymore. Thanks for your help though!

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Juan,

Where did you get the SDK, and is it a recent download? What is the version of the MCUXpresso IDE you have installled? The MCUXpresso SDK builder is found here: MCUXpresso SDK Builder.

I've successfully imported it to the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 [Build 411] [2017-07-11] release.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

juanriveros
Contributor II

The MCUXpresso is the most recent, I just downloaded it, uninstalled, and reinstalled it yesterday. As for the SDK, I got it from the MCUXpresso SDK builder. I tried making a new SDK from the builder, but the new SDK still shows the same Null Pointer Exception. Is there anything else I can do to fix the error?

0 Kudos