MCUExpresso IDE not starting through windows cmd lines while trying to build from console

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUExpresso IDE not starting through windows cmd lines while trying to build from console

kushal_dumre
Contributor I

I have MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759 installed in my windows x64 machine. I am trying to build my project through command line. When i launch IDE by running mcuxpressoide.exe (by clicking) it works fine. but when i try to run through cmd line it doesn't starts. Command i use is

"C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\mcuxpressoide.exe" --launcher.suppressErrors -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -cleanBuild Test1/Debug "Path to my project"

Also i have tried to run with bat file,but i cant get any response. Launcher file mcuxpressoide.ini is as below

-startup     plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar     --launcher.library      plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.551.v20171108-1834     -vm     C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\jre\bin\javaw.exe    -vmargs    -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8    -Xms128m    -Xmx1024m    -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true

In Launcher file, i have tried to pass the path of javax.exe that was installed previously installed in my machine, but i got error like

java was started but returned exit code=1 

I have searched whole internet but still i am clueless about this case. What should i do to be able to compile my project through cmd lines using MCUxpresso ide?

Edited (ADDED)

The bat file (mentioned above)  that i have used before is as below.

# Batch file to build an Eclipse project from the command line on Windows
# Example for using MCUXpresso IDE
# path to GNU tools and compiler: arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe, ....
SET TOOLCHAIN_PATH=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\tools\bin
# variable to the command line Eclipse IDE executable
SET IDE=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe
ECHO Extending PATH if not already present
ECHO %PATH%|findstr /i /c:"%TOOLCHAIN_PATH:"=%">nul || set PATH=%PATH%;%TOOLCHAIN_PATH%
ECHO Launching Eclipse IDE
"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import "path_to_my project" -build all

building project‌cmd line‌ mcuxpresso_ide‌ mcuxpresso_sdk‌

0 Kudos
7 Replies

kushal_dumre
Contributor I

GOOD NEWS!

I have kind of solved this problem. The solution i have found is that , instead of using command import i ran the command in the project dir without import. (import not needed as i was already in the corresponding project's directory).

Here you can see the commands.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/388962 

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although the FAQ below is written for LPCXpresso IDE, the process is the same. Therefore be sure to read and understand this FAQ.

https://community.nxp.com/message/630544 

Note: there is a script to set up your paths on Windows machines located in the <install dir>/ide/bin/scripts called MCUXpressoPath.cmd - this may be helpful.

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

kushal_dumre
Contributor I

Thank You,

Yes i had previously configured the path and now also with the script .I had added these three directories in path

• (install)\lpcxpresso\bin
  • (install)\lpcxpresso\tools\bin
  • (install)\lpcxpresso\msys\bin

But  Jus in case i have run the scrpit you have mentioned.

Still its not working,

Should i worry about the OS version that is in the following output of the error? It says OS win32 but i am running it on x64 windows machine.

Java was started but returned exit code=1
C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-Xms128m
-Xmx1024m
-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
-jar C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar
-os win32
-ws win32
-arch x86
-launcher C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe
-name Mcuxpressoidec
--launcher.library C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.551.v20171108-1834\eclipse_1630.dll
-startup C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata 3224_114
-application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild
-data c:\tmp\wsp
-build all
-vm C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-Xms128m
-Xmx1024m
-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
-jar C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar

PS:  Also to mention that, from windowd cmd , when i input following command, ide is started , it means this way the command is working well but i am not being able to import and build the project from cmd line.

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe

I also found the similar case here in the forum, the following one!

Impossible to build MCUXpresso project based on imported SDK through Jenkins 

freundlich,

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

I get the same (unhelpful) error if the 'import' directory exists, but there is no valid project in that directory. So, what is the contents of the directory named on -import? It should contain a valid project, with (at least) .cproject and .project files.

0 Kudos

kushal_dumre
Contributor I

Thank You for your answer!

Yes the content of the directory i import is a valid project, it has corresponding files.

I am still clueless if i am doing something wrong or it simply doesn't works.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On Windows, to run a build from the command line you need to use the mcuxpressoidec.exe rather than mcuxpressoide.exe (note the additional "c" at the end of the filename).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

kushal_dumre
Contributor I

Hi there,

Just tried tyour way and i got a following error.

pastedImage_1.png

command i used was,

"C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.2.0_759\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import "path/to/my/project/to/be/built" -build all

0 Kudos