cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error attaching to iMX Project - New with 11.8.1

Jump to solution
GUnderdown
Contributor III

MCUXpresso 11.8.1 (1197), I just updated today and get the following error when trying to attach to a target using J-Link probes

GUnderdown_0-1701204547696.png

When I launched this update, I got the following pop up from windows

GUnderdown_2-1701204594550.png

I assume I need to make sure this is allowed through?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GUnderdown,

This issue could be related to the workspace environment. I presume you were trying to use a workspace from an older version of MCUXpresso on the newest release, am I correct? This would be why the previous workspace didn't work, but the new one you created for v11.8.1 to begin with does. We recommend to always create a new workspace when updating the IDE and import the necessary projects, rather than continue using the older workspace.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GUnderdown
Contributor III

This is what the GDB trace says

634,970 2-gdb-exit
634,973 2^exit

FreeRTOS TAD Debugger console
07:30:34.557 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 4 has started.
07:30:34.980 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 4 has ended.
07:30:34.982 INFO: [Logger] TAD log was saved in <path>
07:30:35.31 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 5 has started.
07:30:35.34 INFO: [TadModel] DSF session ID 5 has ended.
07:30:35.35 INFO: [Logger] TAD log was saved in <path>

I've manually set the GDB path to "C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.1_1197\ide\tools\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe"

I am able to debug if I import one of the SDK examples into a new workspace. I cannot debug anything in this workspace.

This is really strange IMO

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GUnderdown,

This issue could be related to the workspace environment. I presume you were trying to use a workspace from an older version of MCUXpresso on the newest release, am I correct? This would be why the previous workspace didn't work, but the new one you created for v11.8.1 to begin with does. We recommend to always create a new workspace when updating the IDE and import the necessary projects, rather than continue using the older workspace.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell us which part are you using and more detail about your issue please?

0 Kudos