Can't run in TWR_KV46F150M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't run in TWR_KV46F150M

xk1124
Contributor I

Hello, I could not do a run for on twr-kv46f150m on the sample projects that I have imported via the IDE. However, I can run in debug mode for the projects. 

When I setup the IDE, I referred to Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf, and I realized that the projects I have imported in does not have the toolchain folders in the projects, hence I could not run my project as it is in axf file format.

I am using the MCUXpressoIDE v11.3.0 for SDK_2.8.0_TWR-KV46F150M.

Could you please advice on how I can fix this problem? Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I suggest you follow the steps listed in chapter 6 of the MCUXpresso User guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf

The folder structure from an SDK example looks like this:

nxf54944_0-1615926429300.png

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

xk1124
Contributor I

Hello Omar, 

I noticed that for the projects I imported from the IDE under demo_apps do have all the files shown. However, for the other projects, the board file that contains the bin file and the mex file is missing. Even if I create a new project of my own, the 2 files are missing as well. 

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

The mex and bin files are manually created. To create the binary you need to right-click in the .axf file then go to Binary Utilities -> Create binary.

nxf54944_0-1616188633364.png

For the mex file, it is created when you use the Config Tool, in this example the Config Tools configuration was imported in the project.

Let me know if this solves your problem, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

xk1124
Contributor I

Hello Omar, 

Even after creating the bin and mex files, I am still unable to use the run function. The error is shown on the attached below. 

xk1124_0-1616393088398.png

It is stated that there is a problem launching the axf file. 

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

There are many reasons why you might see that error report. Hitting "Details" will provide more information that may enable somebody to help you.

0 Kudos

xk1124
Contributor I

The error stated under details: 

Error starting process

Cannot run program "C:\Users\peexklai\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.0_5222\workspace\twrkv46f150m_led_blinky\Debug\twrkv46f150m_led_blinky.axf": Launching failed

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Sorry, still not enough information. See

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPCXpresso-IDE-FAQs/The-Debug-Log/td-p/475043

and provide the additional logs described in the document

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Can you show/share your launch configuration?

It seems to me that the config is not a debug configuration (run configuration) or you are trying to launch it as C/C++ application on the host itself?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos