Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a second QSPI memory device.

Jump to solution
chadgraham
Contributor V

Hello,

I would like to add a second QSPI memory device to our design that uses the second CS of the bus and is located immediately after the existing device.  I am using the RT1060-EVK and we've been using the existing QSPI device as our XIP location so I'm fairly confident that the board and application are setup properly.

We've added the second CS to the pin mux and it is setup the same as the first CS.  I have tried modifying the memory configuration to add a second chip and I'm using the same configuration file as the driver, but the memory view tool shows the new "region" as inaccessible.

Is there an app note or set of instructions that walks through adding a second device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chadgraham
Contributor V

Hello,

After much hardship, I was able to get this to work.  In case other people are interested, I posted a working version of the example code at FlexSPI A2 Chip Select Not Toggling.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chad,

If you are going to use a different Flexspi interface to connect to the second memory I think you can refer to the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer example of the SDK. This example enables a QSPI in application to write and erase some data. You can take same structure to initialize your second QSPI flash.

Also you can take a look to this application note: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12564.pdf

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos
chadgraham
Contributor V

Hello Felipe,

Do I need to use a second Flexspi interface to accomplish this or can I simple modify the existing one to add a second CS?  I plan to stick with the same signals for the clock and data lines.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chad,

As it is mentioned in the AN, you can use the same FlexSPI port but you must use the same flash device, and keep the same flash timings.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
chadgraham
Contributor V

Hello,

After much hardship, I was able to get this to work.  In case other people are interested, I posted a working version of the example code at FlexSPI A2 Chip Select Not Toggling.

0 Kudos