Unexpected Warning with Pin Tools (RT1170) for unrelated pins : Incorrect assignment on 'Arrow' item

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Warning with Pin Tools (RT1170) for unrelated pins : Incorrect assignment on 'Arrow' item

mtvogo
Contributor II

Hello All,

I'm am finalizing a rather dense pinmux based on RT1170-EVK for a devkit of our own, and I'm getting direction assignment incompatibility warnings in MCUXpresso, when setting a direction for a GPIO pin, thewarning pertaining to an apparently unrelated set of other pins. 

mtvogo_1-1721634580838.png

I need to understand what is the dependance, and how I can check it, how this is documented ?

for instance when setting direction for SAI1_MCLK/U32[11]/J9[15] ([N15] GPIO_AD_17)

I get a warning for a bunch of unlrelated pins, for instance  SEMC_D0/U13[2] ([F3] GPIO_EMC_B1_00),n that cannot even be allocated to the same function (GPIO3)

So cna I just go ahead and ignore those warnings (I'd rather not), or have I missed something ? 

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Marc. 

8 Replies

mtvogo
Contributor II

HI Peter,

thanks. I installed MCUXpresso 11.10 and updated the rt1170-EVK SDK to v2.16. 

It is slightly different now, but with more of those apparently unrelated pins reporting arrow correcteness issues.

The pins are the ones reported by Lui in his post above. I will try with the standalone tool once our anti-virus lets me do so, but I assume it will give the same result. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fix this: if you consider {pin_num: F3, peripheral: SEMC, signal: 'DATA, 00', pin_signal: GPIO_EMC_B1_00}, it is correctly assigned to SEMC, and the tool will not allow me to change the direction. The displayed arrow is one-dir (->), but this DATA signal makes sense as bi-dir, and the Direction column does indicate "in/out" which is ok. 

If I rollback my direction setting for N15, the Arrow column for F3 goes back to "<->" and the warning goes. 

Many thanks,

Marc. 

mtvogo_0-1721912472948.png

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We have now been able to to reproduce the problem now. It's a bug in the Pins tool, after the change of the direction in some specific situations with mulitple functional groups, the tools starts to incorrectly report the "Incorrect assignment on 'Arrow' item' problem.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will fix the problem in the next update of the MCUXpresso Config Tools, including the MCUXPresso IDE integrated version. As a workaround for now, please ignore this warning.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team

0 Kudos

Alphabert_Liu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mtvogo ,

I opened your .mex file using my config tool and found that there are some differences in the configurations between my version and the ones in your csv_output. I've listed the discrepancies for you, and you can try adjusting those arrows in your configuration to see if the changes lead to a successful outcome.

Best Regard

Liu

0 Kudos

mtvogo
Contributor II
Hi Liu, thanks, please see my reply in my previous post. The changed arrow property is not consistent with the direction column, hence I'm not sure how to read it. And in the case of F3 for instance, the tool will not allow to reset it from "->" (causing a wrning) to "<->" which is ok. BR, M.
0 Kudos

Alphabert_Liu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mtvogo ,

In the MCUXpresso Config Tool, the orientation of some pins may be fixed and cannot be changed. These pins may be assigned to specific hardware functions or modules, such as clocks, reset signals, debug interfaces, and so on. These pins usually have predefined functions and orientations to ensure the correct operation of the system.

In the MCUXpresso Config Tool, the orientation of the pins is determined by the pin configuration. When you change the orientation of one pin, it may affect the configuration of the other pins because they may share the same hardware resources or functionality.

I have tried that change the orientation of pin N15 to "Not Specified" so that no error is reported.

Best Regard

Liu

0 Kudos

mtvogo
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

thanks a lot. here are the versions I'm currently running,

mtvogo_0-1721650125158.png

I don't seem to be able to do an update, do you confirm these are the latests one, or should I download the standalone config tool or something ? 

Many thanks,

M.

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend to download and install the latest recently released MCUXpresso IDE 11.10 that contains also the latest MCUXpresso Config Tools. It's available for free at our website:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=MCUXPRESSO

Regards

Petr Hradsky

MCUXpresso Config Tools Team

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It seems that the problem is related to older version of the Config tools that yo are using. We have tried it in the current version and the warnings are not there anymore. Could you please install the latest MCUXpresso Config Tools or MCUXpressoIDE (if you are using integrated config tools there) ?

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

MCUXpresso Config Tools team

0 Kudos