Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso - Tools Overview BUG

Jump to solution
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,
I would like to report a BUG in MCUXpresso for macOS in the Apple Silicon version. The Tools Overview window is not visible. Clicking the Open Tools Overview button has no effect. I downloaded the Intel version and ran it via Rosetta - everything works!

Have a nice day!

Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-3 o 12.45.18.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

I confirm the issue for M1/M2. This will be fixed in a Config Tools v15 update. The workaround (may be for other users as you've already installed x86 version) is to open created *.MEX file (inside the Eclipse project) using text editor and find the XML element for the particular tool that should be enabled/disabled and manually edit the "enable" attribute. For example enabling Peripherals tool can be done changing from:

<periphs name="Peripherals" version="14.0" enabled="false" update_project_code="true">

to

<periphs name="Peripherals" version="14.0" enabled="true" update_project_code="true"> 

save *.MEX and re-open the Config Tools configuration.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danielkrol,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Could you please provide the IDE release where you see this bug, as well as the macOS version if possible?

This would be great information to fix this issue more efficiently. Thanks!

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Yes of course - I see the problem in MCUXpresso 11.8.1 and 11.9.0 on macOS 14.3.1. Three different computers (one with Apple silicon M1 and two with M2 Max). Maybe the problem exists in older versions but I noticed it recently when I needed to enable Peripherals tool for FRDM-MCXN947. Other MCUs which I using have the Peripherals tool enabled by default, so I didn't pay attention to the Tools Overview window.

Have a nice day!

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

I confirm the issue for M1/M2. This will be fixed in a Config Tools v15 update. The workaround (may be for other users as you've already installed x86 version) is to open created *.MEX file (inside the Eclipse project) using text editor and find the XML element for the particular tool that should be enabled/disabled and manually edit the "enable" attribute. For example enabling Peripherals tool can be done changing from:

<periphs name="Peripherals" version="14.0" enabled="false" update_project_code="true">

to

<periphs name="Peripherals" version="14.0" enabled="true" update_project_code="true"> 

save *.MEX and re-open the Config Tools configuration.

Regards,

Libor

danielkrol
Contributor III
Hi,
Thanks for the information.

Regards
Daniel
0 Kudos