cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral Update Files can't generate code

AlbertoGarlassi
Contributor II

Hello,

After updating to IDE v11.9.0 I changed some small settings in the peripheral init view.

After this there is an error in the Pins line in Update Files:

Problems in the code generation: [DATA] A failure during script execution: processors\LPC55S36...\pins_code_gen.js. TypeError: "Cannot get property "0" of null in <eval> at line number 3975

There isn't a pin_mux.c anymore and pin_mux.h lacks the terminating #endif and maybe more

Regards

Alberto

13 Replies

Jan_Rajm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
sorry for the inconvenience, I have created a hotfix resolving an error in .h and .c files when certain pins were routed. (MCUXpresso_Config_Tools_v15_LPC55S3x_patch.zip). This hotfix is not yet fully tested. The final fully tested fix will be deployed in next update of MCUXpresso Config Tools.

Installation:

1. Ensure you have an administrator rights, MCUXpresso Configuration Tools are not running and the MCU data of the MCUs you want to use are available (downloaded) on your desktop.          

2. Copy the content of this archive into the tool's data folder:

Windows: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v15

Linux/Mac: /home/<USER>/.nxp/mcu_data_v15

Thank you for your report. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Best Regards

Jan Rajm

Enablement team. 

0 Kudos

LEGR
Contributor I

Hi Jan

I have the same error behavior with an SDK of Kinetis MKE04Z128xxx4.

There is also no pin_mux.c file and the pin_mux.h lacks the terminating #endif and maybe more.

The error message is
'Problem(s) in code generation: [DATA] Failure during script execution: processors\MKE04Z128xxx4\ksdk2_0\scripts\pins\pins_code_gen.js. TypeError: Cannot get property "0" of null in <eval> at line number 2999'

I am using MCUxpresso version 11.5.1 with a created SDK_2.x_MKE04Z128xxx4.

0 Kudos

laugechristense
Contributor II

Hello,

I applied the patch and can now build both my original project (created using an earlier version of the SDK and IDE) and the example project I created to show the error. Both are now running on SDK 2.15, IDE 11.9 on the LPC5536.

Kind regards,

Lauge

Jan_Rajm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi LEGR

we are sorry for this inconvenience. This problem was resolved in newer version of Config Tools. I would suggest you to switch to the newest version of MCUXpresso IDE (11.9.0), which does not cause the problem you have encountered. 

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sorry for this but the new IDE 11.9 has the same report, and the Config tool team are working on this.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconveniences you are facing after the update. Can you please share a MCUXpresso IDE project, or the .MEX file from the project, or steps how to reproduce the problem? It would help us to analyze the issue.

Thank you, 

Lukas  

0 Kudos

laugechristense
Contributor II

I found a simple way to reproduce the problem in a new project.

I created a new project using the wizard. All default settings. mcu LPC5536, SDK 2.14, IDE 11.9.

I enabled the pins ui. and set up five pins for ADC1 (which caused problems in the project i tried to update, as described in another answer.)

everything is good and pin_mux files are generated. I then changed the label and identifier of one of the pins and suddenly it can't generate the pin_mux files. It seems to be a problem to label the dedicated pins.

All the best,

Lauge

laugechristense_0-1706883476794.png

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I followed your steps, but I think I missed something because the issue does not appear.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1706915791613.png

Could you add more details?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

laugechristense
Contributor II

Hi @Pavel_Hernandez 

Have you tried adding a label/identifier for the pins? If I add a label to one of the dedicated pins, the problem appears. I used the label "mytext" in the screenshot in my previous post.

I have attached the .mex file and the workspace with a project, that fails.

All the best,

Lauge Christensen

0 Kudos

laugechristense
Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same problem after updating to sdk 2.15 and ide 11.9. I am using an LPC5536 (not the S version as AlbertoGarlassi).

laugechristense_0-1706189269918.png

I get the same error message. The pins tool does not generate pin_mux.c and it seems it only generate a part of pin_mux.h.

Hope there is a solution to this problem soon.

Kind regards,

Lauge

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, thanks for your comments, recently I was notified about this issue, and I did a report when I have more information about it, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

AlbertoGarlassi
Contributor II

Thak you. What approximately could be the timeframe for this? Should we revert to the old IDE?

Regards

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I don't have any news for the internal department but, I suggest getting back to the old version. I will update the case when I have more information.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos