cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring I2S on RT685 to share clocks

mrichardson23
Contributor IV

Hello,

I would like to use the config tool to configure multiple data lines to share the same clock (for instance, clocks configured on FLEXCOMM1 and shared by FLEXCOMM2).  I know that I can set the registers for this as is done in the dma record playback example for the RT685 EVK, but I am not sure if there is a way to do this using the configuration tool.  Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mrichardson23
Contributor IV

Thanks @kerryzhou.  So, this is what I have done so far:

• Use the sdk to provide the minimal base
  • Used the config tool to configure lines on flexcomm1 and 2 for I2S
  • Compared output with that provided in other examples

So far, so good but to be honest, I haven't done much of anything.  I now need to configure the system to play audio out one line for testing purposes.  Once that is done I will configure for sharing a clock and looping back on the other data line.

Will let you know how this turns out.  Let me know if something I am doing looks off here.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mrichardson23 ,

Thanks for your updated information.

Your process or OK, in fact, you can use the CFG tool to configure the I2S, then even the CFG can't support the share function directly, you can refer to the SDK code, in the main code, add the code for the sharing configuration directly, that will also realize you use the CFG to generate the I2S configuration, but just share connection between the different flexcomm, just the code to realize it, in fact, just some register configuration.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mrichardson23 ,

In fact, I think you use the SDK code method will be more easy.

If you want to use the CFG tool, you also can realize the I2S configuration, just need to configure the peripheral settings for the I2S, pins, DMA modules. Until now, no directly CFG examples, but you can try to configure it by yourself.

kerryzhou_0-1693215012928.png

But to the clock share function for the different data lines, I didn't find the CFG tool list it.

So, maybe still need to use the code method.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos