Did you mean: 

DPAA2 qDMA

Jump to solution
minghu_du
Contributor III

Hello,

Below is the CMD field definition of qDMA Destination&Source Descriptor Format:

pastedImage_20.png

I wonder if the configuration 1_0000(Non-cacheable non-coherent/register space access ) is supported on LX2160.

My case is to copy one cache-off memory to another cache-off memory through qDMA.

If I use 0_1011 configuration, I have to use cache invalidate and cache flush operation after every qDMA copy, otherwise I cannot get the correct data.

When I set the CMD field to 1_0000, there are always errors with FD.Whether lx2160 supports configuration 1_0000 (Non-cacheable non-coherent/register space access)?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the feedback from the application team.

OK, I see now what is the required test. The customer thinks qDMA descriptor field WRTTYPE is the only knob that controls coherency in the SoC. In fact the SMMU setting is also a factor in this issue. This is because qDMA requests goes through SMMU and get translated and based on the target page coherency settings the CCN508 will act accordingly.  In the customer example , he mentioned the need to do cache flush first, this means that if he did not do that the qDMA will move data from DDR and not cache, this tells you that snooping action did not happen. Also when the customer says that there is a need to invalidate the cache after transfer is done, this tells you that the transfer was done to DDR without snooping being activated for core caches to be updated  thus he needed to invalidate the core caches so as to force the loads to read DDR correctly.

My recommendation is that the customer focus on the SMMU/TLB settings for the pages that he is using for qDMA transactions and make sure that these pages have proper coherency /cache settings.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
minghu_du
Contributor III

Hello,

Any update?

When I use configuration 1_0000(Non-cacheable non-coherent/register space access ), there are always interrupt with FD error.

When I use configuration 0_1011 (Coherent write of cacheable memory, look up in downstream cache, allocate on miss ),

if I don't invoke cache flush operation after qDMA copy operation I can't get the correct data. I think this is because memory is cacheable attribute.

I want to use th LX2160 DPAA2 qDMA to copy data without cache flush operation. How can I configure it, or what else has been ignored?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Minghu

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Minghu,

Please  try 1_0011 option as it does not lookup in cache nor does it allocate.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
minghu_du
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried 1_0011 and all other configuration combinations, the result is I must invoke cache-flush operation on the source memory address before qDMA copy, and cache-invalidate on the destination address after qDMA copy, otherwise the data in destination memory space is not correct.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Minghu

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the feedback from the application team.

OK, I see now what is the required test. The customer thinks qDMA descriptor field WRTTYPE is the only knob that controls coherency in the SoC. In fact the SMMU setting is also a factor in this issue. This is because qDMA requests goes through SMMU and get translated and based on the target page coherency settings the CCN508 will act accordingly.  In the customer example , he mentioned the need to do cache flush first, this means that if he did not do that the qDMA will move data from DDR and not cache, this tells you that snooping action did not happen. Also when the customer says that there is a need to invalidate the cache after transfer is done, this tells you that the transfer was done to DDR without snooping being activated for core caches to be updated  thus he needed to invalidate the core caches so as to force the loads to read DDR correctly.

My recommendation is that the customer focus on the SMMU/TLB settings for the pages that he is using for qDMA transactions and make sure that these pages have proper coherency /cache settings.

Best Regards,

minghu_du
Contributor III

Thank you guys. When I disable all L1 / L2 / L3 / cache, succeed.

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello minghu.du@windriver.com,

Unfortunately we only handle questions regarding MATLAB/Simulink and our toolboxes - I would recommend you post your question on the Layerscape  community.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos