cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth low energy VBGM

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bonystedt on Wed Mar 03 03:00:24 MST 2010
Hi
Do anybody have experience of Bluetooth or even better of Bluetooth low energy (BLE)? I have an interest in it because I think it will balance well with the Cortex-M0/M3 I plan to use. I will use it to construct an open source Virtual Blood Glucose Meter:).
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bonystedt on Wed Mar 03 03:56:38 MST 2010
This is what I'have found out so far:
Nordic Semiconductor unveils the Insight SiP ISP091201, a completely self-contained Bluetooth low-energy SiP module measuring just 8mm x 12mm x 1.4mm, it is designed to be fully compliant with FCC and CE EMC requirements and requires no other external supporting components beyond an inexpensive external 8bit microcontroller (from any vendor and used to run the upper profile and application layers of the Bluetooth low energy stack) and on-board 3V power source.

It also includes the company's MicroBlue nRF8001 connectivity-on-chip solution, integrating radio, base band and software stack plus an integrated antenna, 16MHz crystal and 15 supporting passive components.
0 Kudos