Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB host examples

Jump to solution
e03williams
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am very new to this and am simply trying to correctly run the lpcxpresso55s36_host_cdc_bm example for the LPC5536-EVK board I am using. 

I currently have a USB cable plugged into J1 from my PC to provide power, and after building and running the example (and opening the COM port), the following shows up in the terminal:

9.jpg

This looked like a good sign, but when I tried to plug in a USB drive (into either J2 or J3), there wouldn't be any indication that it's connected. According to the readme.pdf, the console is supposed to look like this. 

10.jpg

Could anybody point me in the direction of what I'm missing? Are there perhaps jumpers that I don't know about that need to be connected, the USB formatted in a certain way, or other settings that need to be adjusted in my workspace?

Many thanks, 

Emma

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @e03williams 

These are all the examples with host msd on the LPC5536.

Miguel04_0-1691171787579.png

You can find a lot of different threads on this community regarding usb and you can find a lot of informations that could help you too.

Best Regards, Miguel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
e03williams
Contributor I

Hi Miguel, 

Thank you for the information. 

Are there other usb host examples that do not need another board to act as the device? 

I have a USB flash drive (which I believe is part of the msd class) that I'd like to use with the LPC5536-EVK board. 

I currently don't have another board, just the one and a thumb drive. 

Is testing the USB peripheral still possible?

Thanks and regards,

Emma

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @e03williams 

Do you need to test a particular functionality for the usb? there keyboard or mouse examples on the sdk.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
e03williams
Contributor I

Hi Miguel,

Typical use cases I am trying to get to work are reading/writing files to a plugged in MSD - USB Flash drive (Pen drive).

I was also wanting to use a USB Flash drive (Pen drive) to update the firmware on the processor.

Are there examples in the SDK that support this functionality?

Thanks again for your help,

Emma

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @e03williams 

These are all the examples with host msd on the LPC5536.

Miguel04_0-1691171787579.png

You can find a lot of different threads on this community regarding usb and you can find a lot of informations that could help you too.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos
e03williams
Contributor I

Apologies, it makes more sense for me to use the lpcxpresso55s36_host_msd_command_bm example. I still get the same issue. The COM port states that 'host init is done' but doesn't show anything else after the flash drive is inserted into the usb port.

0 Kudos
Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @e03williams 

Please read these threads:

Link1

Link2

According to those posts, you need another board as a device_cdc for test.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos