Totally off the wall question about I2SRX_CLK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally off the wall question about I2SRX_CLK

perdrix
Contributor II

I need to generate a 5MHz or 1MHz clock signal (I need both but only one at a time).    Among the six pins I have available are P0.23/I2SRX_CLK, P0.24/I2S_WS, and P0.25/I2SRX_SDA 

Is it possible to configure I2S to generate a clock signal on the I2SRX_CLK pin?   Reading Chapter 20 of the LPC1768 manual suggests that there is a chance that this just might be possible (the figures on page 498 are what made me think that).

If so please could someone show me how it is done.  I can afford (just) to sacrifice P0.24/I2S_WS and P0.25/I2SRX_SDA.

Thanks, David

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @perdrix 

Are you refering to use only the clock signal of the I2S without using the peripheral?

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

perdrix
Contributor II

Well maybe - if I could work out how to clock data out using that clock - six bits at time, then yes.

If not perhaps I'll just need to bitbang both clock and data and add nops to get the timing right (5MHz clock).

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @perdrix 

I've review the documentation and the user manual does not confirm or deny what you are suggesting, also I found the next text on chapter 20.3 Description:

"When an I2S-bus is active, the word select, receive clock and transmit clock signals are sent continuously by the bus master, while data is sent continuously by the transmitter."

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos