Program through ISP using flash magic.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program through ISP using flash magic.

emb02
Contributor IV

I am using LPC54628J512 Development board and want to download and verify program through ISP using flash magic but I am unable to download hex file.

I put board in ISP mode, I can read security and even I can read device signature, I can erase chip successfully but I am unable to program and verify through ISP. I am attaching image of error please kindly check and help me with resolve this problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

emb02
Contributor IV

Hi,

Previously I was using Flash magic version 10.89.4885 in which I was getting verification error.

Now I'm using version 13.50 and able to program and verify successfully.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @emb02

What version of Flash Magic Tool are you using? Please, make sure you are using the latest version available from the Flash Magic website.

How are you generating the .hex file? Please, try the following: import hello_world demo application from the SDK into MCUXpresso IDE and build the project. Expand Debug folder, right click on hello_world.axf file > Binary utilities > Create hex. Try using the generated .hex file with Flash Magic Tool.

EduardoZamora_0-1696528938495.png

Also, what is the procedure you are following to enter the device in ISP mode? I used the following configuration in Flash Magic

EduardoZamora_1-1696528938498.png

I connected a USB cable to J8, then press and hold ISP0 (SW4) button while pressing and releasing the reset (SW1) button to enter UART/I2C/SPI ISP mode; then, I browsed for the .hex file and clicked on Start.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos