Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral debug window GPIO problems and question

Contributor IV

Hi,

1.)

I don't understand the meaning of this register:

pastedImage_1.png

Should DIRP show the details (bits) of DIR1? Obviously not. But what else can I see there? UM says it's a R/W register.

2.)

I open the GPIO peripheral and scroll to the view above. Then stepping with F5 or F6. After a view steps the tab is completely redrawn (not only the "Value" column) and I have to scroll down again to see my previously selected part. That sucks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Q1) Should DIRP show the details (bits) of DIR1?
-- Yes.
Actually, I'm not very clear about your question. Whether you mean that value of DIR1 register is inconsistent with DIRP bits.
If yes, I was wondering if you can introduce how to replicate this phenomenon, likes what the chip and demo you use, etc.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor IV

Hi,

I use Kubuntu 18.04 64 bit, MCUXPresso 10.3.1, the LPC845 SDK 2.5.0 and the LPC845-BRK. I use the lpc845-Breakout_led_blinky_MCU example from LPC845BRK_Examples.zip, but this problem isn't limited to this example.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
After testing, I've replicated your phenomenon, DIRP bits seems static, always be zero.
However, the DIR can reflect the real dynamic value of DIR register.
I think it's a small bug of the MCUXpresso.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos