cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None VCOM port with LPC11C (OM13093)

arthurtremeau
Contributor I

Hello everyone.

I'm new on this community, and young electronics engineer.

This is my problem :

I'm using since a week ago the LPCXpresso board with LPC11C24 (OM13093).

When I plug it to my computer (Windows 10) drivers installation is ok but there is none VCOM PORT in my device manager.

I try to use the LPCOpen uart library, I already used the "semihost" on the IDE but it's not really what i expected. I mean "printf" and "scanf" is good but i would like to do better than that ^^.

To beginning, for example, if i send a character by a terminal on a VCOM Port the board will do something like turn-on LED or whatever.

I red in the documentation there is apparently no FTDI drivers... So how can i use the UART of the board ?

I think : i will weld a RS232 connector and that's it, but I don't understand why i can't use a VCOM Port directly

Sorry but i'm at home so i can't bring all information in this first message.

What i want to know is how to do a VCOM PORT with LPC11C24 (OM13093 board) ?

If it's not possible, What can i do ?

Thank you all

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There's no FTDI device on this board ... you can connect an FTDI cable to the expansion connector (PIO1_6 and PIO1_7) if you want .

LPCXpresso CD boards can also use the LPC11U35 debug probe to provide a VCOM connection. By default this is not connected in order to retain compatibility with the original LPCXpresso boards (in this case that's OM13012). However you can use this function by adding a zero ohm resistor (or solder blob) at R29 and R30. Then you need to update the firmware on the board to ensure you have the latest; type "LPC11U35 Debug probe" in the search box on our site, or go directly to here:

Firmware and drivers for LPC11U35 debug probes 

To update firmware:

- Hold down the reset button then disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

- You should see a drive called "CRP_DISABLD" appear in your file manager, like a USB memory stick would.

- Go to this drive, delete the file firmware.bin

- Drag and drop the firmware.bin file from the driver package.

- Install the device driver in the driver package (only if using Windows 7 or 8)

- Repower the board

0 Kudos

arthurtremeau
Contributor I

Hi Brendon,

Thank for your help.

I already test this method, and i think that my big problem is doing these follong steps :

- Hold down the reset button then disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

- You should see a drive called "CRP_DISABLD" appear in your file manager, like a USB memory stick would.

There is no drive, or disk or whatever. There is an automatic installation for windows drivers (despite the deactivation in peripheral manager) then i see this :

pastedImage_1.png

I can't open it or do something with it. And i try to uninstall it hold down the RST button unplug and plug the USB, nothing works...

I test every possibilities to try to install driver for LPC11U35 debug probes...

Do you think that my board is broken ?

I mean it's weird cause i bought it a week ago...

Nevertheless thanks for your help i will try to contact the technical support by a ticket.

By

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arthu,

From your device manager screenshot we can see that your debug probe isn't going into DFU mode for firmware update, as you have observed. This board can also be forced into this mode by inserting JP5 and power cycling (then remove JP5 once you've done the update, then repower). Can you try that?

If that doesn't work then it does look like a faulty board, which we can replace.

Regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos