No IRQ working after a Go Command from ISP (lpc8xx)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IRQ working after a Go Command from ISP (lpc8xx)

olivierledoeuff
Contributor I

Hi everyone, i'm issuing a problem that is a little bit disturbing.

I'm writting a software that use the uart ISP API from lpc824. When i'm trying to send the command Go : "G <address> T\r\n" the program in flash execute with a major problem: No irq are working at all.

I've tried with differents programs from lpc open (compiled with mcuxpresso ide/gcc). In the document it says that the go command shouldn't be lower that 0x200 but it seem to work. First i thouhgt that this might be the reason but after lanching a program that have the resetISR after 0x200 still it was working.

I already read this post : ISP Command manual bugs and the guy was saying that it was working for him.

The problem isn't a big deal because if i reset the mcu then the program work just fine. So what is happening here?

My idea is that the bootloader is configuring the mcu in a certain way that deactivate the irq or something like that but i don't know ARM architecture enough to find what is happening myself?

I've tried a __enable_irq(); in the program still it didn't work.

Also i've noticed couple of strange behavior in the communication with the ISP bootloader that are not explained/ error inside the datasheet.

- When sending the ReadBootCodeVersion command the process is describe in datasheet as:

-> "K\r\n"   // Send command from host

<- "0\r\n"   // CMD_SUCESS from target

<- "<major><minor>\r\n" // should be interpreted as <major>.<minor> with <major> a single byte and same for <minor>

But what is see is :

-> "K\r\n"   // Send command from host

<- "0\r\n"   // CMD_SUCESS from target

<- "<major>\r\n"   // "1\r\n" in my case

<- "<minor>\r\n"   // "13\r\n" in my case

And now i'm not sure which one is the major or the minor because in the post https://community.nxp.com/thread/445993 posted a screenshoot from flashmagic showing that the version of his bootloader program was 13.1.

Also i confirm what is said in the other post that the command WriteToRam doesn't answer "OK\r\n" after receiving the plain binary data. Is this problem recurrent to the whole LPC series or only the lpc8xx series?

These are not critical problems because : 

- a simple reset can fix the go command.

- ReadBootCodeVersion isn't very important in my situation

- WriteToRam i just have to not wait the "OK\r\n"

But i really want to understand what can possibly go wrong with the go command, if this is a problem from my software that isn't resetting enough stuff or is it really a bug inside the lpc.

Thanks a lot for you attention and your possible answers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Olivier Le Doeuff,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.

I'd like to recommend you to capture the communication between the Host tool and LPC824 via logic analyzer, it will demonstrates the more information about the ISP command operation, definitely, for cross-validation, it's best to do same testing on Flash Magic.

And I was wondering if you share the testing result, it will help me to figure it out.

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

olivierledoeuff
Contributor I

After a long time i finally got a logic analyser. This is what i captured. So version is 1.13?Sans titre.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olivier Le Doeuff,
1) This is what I captured. So the version is 1.13?
-- Yes, it's. You can also use the Flash Magic to validate it.

Flash Magic - Welcome
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos