Migrating my code from LPC55S16-EVK to LPC5514JBD64E

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating my code from LPC55S16-EVK to LPC5514JBD64E

embedded_eng_
Contributor III

Hi, I used LPC55S16-EVK + MCUXpresso to develop code for a PCB I designed which includes LPC5514JBD64E.

I selected the pins in a compatible way, for example, pin 15 in my PCB (LPC5514JBD64E) was selected to be ADC0_3, so I used pin 23 in the EVK (PIO0_31/ ADC0_3).

My questions are:

* How should I migrate the code to the PBC's MCU? I guess it is some header file/board file.

Can this be made automatically with MCUXpresso?

* The PCB should always boot in ISP mode (USB-HS) , so pin 56 (PIO0_5/ TDI) is pulled to GND, and I connected a 16MHz crystal to XTAL32M_N XTAL32M_P.

Is that enough? or I'm missing something?

How can I write '001' in DEFAULT_ISP_MODE, so it will look for a firmware in USB-HS interface?

Is it done from MCUXpresso?

How can I ISP-boot from USB-FS (maybe will be needed in the future)?

* Currently, I'm using MCUXpresso 'Debug' option to flash the MCU, since I will boot in ISP mode with my PCB, I need a way to generate a bin file from my code, how it can be done? is there a way to do it from the terminal (without MCUXpresso), so I will be able to generate a firmware image in a CI process?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Alvaro,

1)How should I migrate the code to the PBC's MCU? I guess it is some header file/board file.

Can this be made automatically with MCUXpresso?

>>>>I suggest you download SDK package for LPC5514, then develop your own application.

This is SDK package link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

2)The PCB should always boot in ISP mode (USB-HS) , so pin 56 (PIO0_5/ TDI) is pulled to GND, and I connected a 16MHz crystal to XTAL32M_N XTAL32M_P.

Is that enough? or I'm missing something?

>>>>I suggest you connect PIO0_5 pin to a button as the EVK have done, press the button, the chip enter ISP mode(PIO0_5 is low after Reset), do not press the button, the chip will execute application code in flash after reset.

3)How can I write '001' in DEFAULT_ISP_MODE, so it will look for a firmware in USB-HS interface?

Is it done from MCUXpresso?

>>>>>You can use blhost tools to write CFPA space, for detailed information, pls refer to an12283.pdf for how to write CMPA page

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN12283.pdf

4)How can I ISP-boot from USB-FS (maybe will be needed in the future)?

* Currently, I'm using MCUXpresso 'Debug' option to flash the MCU, since I will boot in ISP mode with my PCB, I need a way to generate a bin file from my code, how it can be done? is there a way to do it from the terminal (without MCUXpresso), so I will be able to generate a firmware image in a CI process?

>>>>>The above AN also tell you how to download image to flash based blhost tools.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

embedded_eng_
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

1) I have already developed my application using LPC55S16-EVK, and in the middle time I designed the PCB. Can't I change my project to work with LPC5514JBD64E?

2) I need it to boot in ISP mode all the time, so PIO0_5 is pulled to GND.

So PIO0_5 pulldown + USB external crystal are enough to make sure it will boot from in ISP mode, using USB-HS interface?

3)  Thanks.

4) I do know how to flash the MCU using blhost, my question is about generating a bin file from my project.

How can I create a .bin file from my project?

Can I do it from terminal?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1)have already developed my application using LPC55S16-EVK, and in the middle time I designed the PCB. Can't I change my project to work with LPC5514JBD64E?

>>>>Generally, there is not problem that you use lpc55s16 project to download to LPC5514JBD64E, but you have to modify memory file, because flash size is different. That is why I suggest you create new project based on LPC5514 and copy the code from old project.

Q2) I need it to boot in ISP mode all the time, so PIO0_5 is pulled to GND.

So PIO0_5 pulldown + USB external crystal are enough to make sure it will boot from in ISP mode, using USB-HS interface?

>>>>I think so.

3) Thanks.

Q4) I do know how to flash the MCU using blhost, my question is about generating a bin file from my project.

How can I create a .bin file from my project?

>>>Pls refer to another engineer link to get the *.bin file based on your application code

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V