cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPI in LPC43xx

katisr
Contributor I

Hello ,

I would like to work on dualcore mode on same task. Can I use MPI in LPC4300 series? For eg addition of 1000 numbers integers. Both the cores working on addition,can this be achieved through MPI ?If I can use MPI,do I need an RTOS for organisation.? Is LPCxpresso good or Keil?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kati SR,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
Can I use MPI in LPC4300 series?
No, I don't think so.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

katisr
Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply, is it not possible even after including FreeRTOS and then using MPI over it ? 

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

there are a couple of issues here. Afaik, there is no rtos for 4300 that works with both cores. Each core would need to run its own version of an rtos. This is mainly because the cores are different - cortex-m4 and cortex-m0 and so cannot run the same code*. If you did run two rtos, I guess you could use mpc to send messages between the two rtos's, and thus between threads running on different cores. But I think the result would be a complex app that does not improve performance.

*not strictly true as m4 can run m0 code, but then you lose all of the performance benefits of the m4.

0 Kudos

katisr
Contributor I

okay.. but there are implementations of RTOS from herehttps://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330811 . I really did not go deep into it. So I just got the idea of threading . My main aim is benchmarking the system. Hence I thought this would work.

0 Kudos

katisr
Contributor I

I got the idea of threading and to use MPI through RTOS *  

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi katisr,

Please getting the overview of the Inter-Process Communication between the dual-core in the LPC43xx via the link below.

It will let you being more clear with the dual-core architecture.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos