cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1833 SPIFI library

tony567
Contributor III

Hi,NXP

1. we are going to implement SPI IC: MX25V1606F and AT25SF161B for LPC1833 as external memory which are not supportted by SPIFI library after checked the LPC18_43_lpcspifilib_driver.zip source code

2. we are using flash magic tool to update external memory firmware,the flash magic installed directory provide a sample code for bootloader develop,and that sample code use  as library which provided about 9years ago, and not provide source code,flash maigc feedback it was provided by nxp(2012/5/17)

3. after compared the very old flash magic spifi_drv_M3.lib and latest NXP lib_lpcspifi_M3.lib(use HxD tool),we found “spifi_table” was not included in latest NXP lpcspilifi library,

3.  we need NCP support for below: do we have to modify lpcspifi library source code to support our special SPI IC?we need use flash magic sample code to modify,but we do not have the very old(2012/5/17)lpcspilib source code,and if we use the latest NXP lpcspifilib source code, the project will compile fail at “Error:L6218E:undefined symbol spifi_table(referred from flashprg.o).

4. can NXP support this case?

13 Replies

Anonymous-III
Contributor III

Hi @tony567,

We have also faced similar issue, but we were able to solve the problem.

You can contact us for further details.

Thanks

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tony,

There is a guide about how to add new LPCspifi lib device in "spifilib_v1_101.chm" under spifilib folder,

Alice_Yang_0-1624354019490.png

You can try to refer to it add your device.

And about how to use Flash Magic to program external flash, I think it is hard, this tool is made by third part, and it just 

illustrate some IC, doesn't give how to change to other flash chips.

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

Hi, Alice,

thanks very much for your advise, I would like to confirm below items with you, if needed we could send offical request through our NXP agent or our customer by mail.

1. what tools NXP recommend to online flash the external SPI memory? we'd like to use UART interface because this is schematic design, customer requirement, easy and convenient in manufactory, does NXP have sample code for using UART update external SPI flash FW? because we just have flash magic version, so we plan to start from flash magic, if NXP could support sample code for updating external SPI flash FW through UART/COM port online, it is perfect..but, so far, I didn't find related code for this...

2. if our special SPI flash IC are not listed in "spifilib_fam_standard_cmd.c", actually, they are all not listed in...does the LPC1833 recognize that special SPI flash IC and work normal?

3. could we use Keil to modify and compile the SPIFI library source code? or we just need use NXP IDE...it's a little diffcult to use the NXP IDE...the SDK download speed is very very low, and always no reponse...

4. we want to confirm with you whether the SPIFI library source code has something update or not during 2012~2014? because the flash magic used .lib and the NXP offical .lib are much differenct...attach the flash magic/NXP .lib file compare results...

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tony,

>The SPIFI LIB is old , and there is one update this.  It should be some change from 2012-2014, because

in 2014 there is new version v1.01:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

> KEil can program external flash, there is some programming Algorithm, you can try.

Alice_Yang_0-1624524375247.png

I think it should be work with MX25V1606F, while not AT25SF161B.  In the SPIFI device support table,  there is no ATxxxx:  https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...  

If the programming Algorithm doesn't work, tell me.

> After we talking internal, we really haven't the tool for online flash the external SPI memory.

> About your question "2. we are using flash magic tool to update external memory firmware,the flash magic installed directory provide a sample code for bootloader develop,and that sample code use as library which provided about 9years ago, and not provide source code,flash maigc feedback it was provided by nxp(2012/5/17)",  could you point detail which source code, I can help try to ask other colleague if this is help for you.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

Hi, Alice

1. yes, I have already downloaded all the versions on SPIFI-NXP-MICROCONTROLLERS: LPC SPIFI Peripheral/BSP, Drivers and Middleware (2)/Embedded Application Software - miscellaneous (6), but they are all not same with the one flash magic used...

2. sorry, we don't have Keil related programming tool, we are not major in MCU develop... we just have serial port cable on hand... our implement application of LPC1833 is: LPC1833 connect to a FPGA through EMC interface, the external SPI flash interface of LPC1833 just stores the FPGA FirmWare, we of cource can programm the flash FW through offline copy machine in manufactory, but it is always inescapable that we need upgrade the SPI flash FW after the flash FW already programmed through copy machine, but it is not a good process if we de-mount/re-mount the IC...we prefer to use ISP mode through serial port cable to upgrade the flash IC FW, because this is easy for operator in manufactory...

3. that .lib contains in AN11206.zip of \AN11206\LCD_SPIFI\Drivers\lib seems the one flash magic used, could you help check if the .lib source code in AN11206\LCD_SPIFI\Drivers\lib is available or not?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tony567,

About the Source code, please check my attachment, I'm not sure it can used, you can try .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

danielgull
Contributor IV

Is this source code available on any official website or can I only find it here in the nxp community?

Has there been any update to this source code since?

Is there an IAR project already available somewhere with this source code that I can use?

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

Hi, Alice, 

thanks very much for your effort, the attached source code seems very different with the others...the lib_lpcspifi_M3.lib source code in the link you provided previously usually contains "spifilib_api.h/spifilib_dev.h/spifilib_chiphw.h/spifilib_dev_common.c/spifilib_fam_standard_cmd.c", but this one contains none of them, whatever, I will try to compile the source code this time~~~if possible, could you advise the details function of "lib_lpcspifi_M3.lib" in a project, why is it included in a project? it's just an executable file...not source file, what will happen if we drop "lib_lpcspifi_M3.lib" in a project? thanks again.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tony567,

If one project includes "lib_lpcspifi_M3.lib" , this project should call the functions included in the lib.

You can delete the lib file to have a test, when build, it will have compile error.

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

Hello, could anyone help to check what the function for "spifi_table"? spifi_table exists in flashprg.c and spifi_rom_api.h only, and also exists in the very old version spifi_drv_M3.lib of 2012/5/17, but that version is not available on website, how to deal with spifi_table for the latest spifilib driver? please check it.

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

0 Kudos

tony567
Contributor III

sorry, update item 2: flash magic sample code use spifi_drv_M3.lib as spifi library which was provided 9years ago(2012/5/17)

0 Kudos