cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help about LPC1549

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi , I work on LPC1549 and Mcuxpresso 10.0

I want debug or run my program with PEMicro Multilink Universal..

I suppose  Mcuxpresso make the Two... but that dont' fonction.
--When my config is : ARM-none-eabi-gdb.exe
                      Flash  1x32x64K
                      file: Main.axf
The response is : "The current language do not match this frame"

--When my config is : ARM-none-eabi-gdb.exe

Flash  1x32x64K
                               file: Main.hex
The reponse is : " Monitor selectcore 0
                   No symbole table is loaded :" Use the file command"
                   Continu
                   Continuing
But that don't start

Have you a documentation who explain the  flash mcuxpresso and PE micro  or a documentation who explain

the debug config ?

Thank of your reponse

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry ...All is OK ..... En fact , I have not connected  ISP0 to pin 7 of the SWD Interface...

and ISP1 not connected to the 3,3V . Jlink2 fonctionne OK and PE micro Probe Fonctionne OK Too

Very Very Thank for your help...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your updated information, at last, it is the hardware configuration problem.

Have a great day,
kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry Have you find my problem ?  You can see my electronic . The LPClink2 is OM13054 Is correct for lpc1549 ?

Can you help me please...

DSCN0105.JPG

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier,

Check my last reply.

You need to make sure your LPC board already be powered on.

Have a great day,
kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

See  my  lpcLink2

LPCLINK2-2.jpg

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry , I have buy the LPC Link2.. The reponse is not   yet correct .

LINK2-1.jpg

That say me "Cannot find selected MEM-AP"

Have you A idee of this  réponse  ?

Thanks for all kerry...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for my later reply because of China's National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival.

It seem your hardware have problem.

1. Check the SWD interface, whether it is correct with the LPC LINK2,

This picture is the LPC LINK2 SWD interface:

pastedImage_1.png

Check the connection with your board.

Normally, the SWD interface need this pins:

pin1:3.3V.

pin2:SWD_DIO, this pin you need to add external 10K pullup resistor in your board.

pin4. SWD_CLK, take care, you don't need to add external pull up, even you add, you just need to add the pull down.

pin10: reset pin

pin3,5,9: GND, connect to your board GND.

2. Use the JLINK firmware to check the core

If your point 1 is really correct. Then check this part.

1) download and install the JLINK driver

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

2) Change your LPC-LINK2 to JLINK firmware

Download and install the LPCScrypt

LPCScrypt v1.8.2|NXP 

power off the LPC LINK2, disconnect JP1, power on the board again(J5 USB port), you will find you board is the LPC device, it is the DFU mode.

43.jpg

Open the jlink in LPCScrypt:

pastedImage_5.png

Press any key, wait the jlink firmware download finished:

pastedImage_6.png

Then power off the board, short jp1, power on the board again, in control panel, you will find you board is JLINK.

pastedImage_7.png

Open JLINK command in the JLINK driver install path:

pastedImage_8.png

Can you find Cortex M3 core?

Please check this at first, if you can't find it, you need to check your LPC board, your hardware have problem.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry...

Ok  I think, i must buy CMSIS DAP  debugger like you.

My debugger function correctly with freescale processeur ( 51JM128)

PE micro have say me that Usb MultilinkFX rev B or USB Multilink RevC

function with lpc chips. But i think that no.

I think my program is correct and my hardware is correct too..

For the configuration of Mcuxpresso i have all try ...

Thanks for all

Olivier.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier,

I am really not very sure about the Multilink for LPC, because I don't have MultilinkFX rev B or USB Multilink RevC on my side. That's why I let you try IAR or MDK project, just make sure it is not the IDE problem.

Normally, for LPC, we use the official LPC LINK2.

Have a great day,
kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry . In fact with Pemicro Probe,

you must charge the arm environnement with the PE firware UPdater and charge Arm Processeur.

DSCN0042.JPG

Effectively i can not entry in main..... With the semi hosting that made the same thing...

REPONSE2.jpg

That say : "PE-ERROR" Warning Can't read register while part is running

A+

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier,

My Multilink is mainly used for kinetis chip, it has no license for LPC chip.

Now, can you also try it in the IAR or MDK IDE, whether your PE multilink can work or not?

Just to identify the problem from IDE or debugger tool.

If your IAR or MDK also have the debug problem, I think you need to contact with P&E to check the problem.

I have test the JLINK and CMSIS DAP to debug the LPC chip in the MCUXpresso, it has no problem. If the IAR and MDK don't have the debug problem with your Multilink, please also let me know, I will help you to check it with our MCUXpresso IDE colleague.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

I have doing  wath you Say  me... Stop the pause buttons  and comment the line WFI() ;  I have ask to PEmicro if

the multilink universal rev B and C can program the LPC1549 with the insert program "arm" , they say me "OK"...

but That don' t function ...I joint to You my program who is very simple....Prog.jpg

the réponse of the buttons pause is

Prog1.png

but my micro dont' start again ...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier POHU,

Thank you for your updated information.

1. This is my P&E Multlink

pastedImage_1.jpg

This is my debug information

pastedImage_2.png

I think my problem should caused by my PE multilink, it is used for freescale chip, no NXP LPC chip.

2.  This is my LPCXpresso LPC1549 board with CMSIS DAP debug information:

pastedImage_3.png

Can you enter main? From your picture, it seems you already stop before enter main.

3. Please modify your configuration

Deselect enable semihosting, and try again.

pastedImage_4.png

Have a great day,
kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

HI Kerry. I haved an other think to do but now i can work on my projet. I have take  The open projet gpio  in lpc1549 Open. i have just modified the pin of the led . but my projet dont flash the Lpc1549. I have buy an other Pe multilink universal but that made the same thing.  i joint to you 2 image . Have you an idee of my Problem ?Config NXP.jpg

and the result of my new PE probe... You can see on the new picture i have no acces to the debug  icon.

Can you help me please ?

GDB_PEMICRO.jpg

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olivier POHU,

From your picture, it seems you already download the code to your board.

Please click this button:

pastedImage_1.png

Where is it stopping?

You must make sure your PE Multilink can support LPC chip.

Before you enter debug mode, please comment __WFI(); in the code:

pastedImage_2.png

Then build, and download the code again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

No i have not LPC1549 board. I have make my board .Ok i try the official lpcopen code for lpc1549.. And i say to you in 3 hours.

Thanks

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Olivier,

Another way, if you have other debugger, for example, LPC-LINK2, you also can try the CMSIS-DAP or the JLINK on your side with your own project.

Best Regards,

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

No I have make the projet . I use the hexa file for flash the micro . because  when i use

the file Main . axf  that say me : " The current language do not match this frame "

Is it normale ?  When i program a processor , i compile and after i flash directly .

Can I do that with mcuxpresso  ? You can see the result of the file   main . axf

I have access to the debug but that not run directly .. For the moment I have a litte programme for

light  a led  but she don t  light.

RESULTAT2.jpg

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Olivier POHU,

Because my multilink just can support the Kinetis, then I can't test it directly on my LPC1549.

I have test the kinetis chip with P&E multilink in the MCUXpresso, it works OK.

But from your picture, it seems you already download successfully.

Now, do you have the LPCXpresso LPC1549 board? If yes, I think you can try the official lpcopen code for LPC1549, and use MCUXpresso ide download with the multilink again.

Any test result, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

olivierpohu
Contributor I

Hi , i detect the pe probe but my reponse of the ask of debuginng is : 

Result.jpg

and that  don't fonction ... I don't known where is the problem

Have you an Idea ? ( My file is  main.hex)

0 Kudos