Flashing the 804 OM40001 dev kit with Keil 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing the 804 OM40001 dev kit with Keil 5

g40
Contributor II

I'm trying to use the LPC804 OM40001 development kit with Keil 5. Code examples all compile OK but I cannot flash the board as there are no listed algorithms. Can anyone help?

TAIA

Labels (1)
4 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

First all, there is necessary to check the board, the LPCXpresso804 board is pre-programmed with a diagnostic demo program, which tests various features of the board.

Connect a micro USB cable from connector CN2 to a host computer or power supply to power up the board and run the demo program. Open a terminal emulator program (such as Teraterm or PuTTY), and look for a port with a name of the form “NXP LPC11Uxx VCOM ...”, and connect to it. Set the serial port for 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity.

• The Blue user LED will flash 3 times, then the green LED will flash 3 times, and the terminal will display “HelloWorld”, followed by “Press key to start LED test ...”
  • Press the ISP button (S2). The green and blue user LEDs will flash, then each LED will be lit in turn twice before all three blink 3 times. The terminal will show “DONE”.
  • The terminal will show “Press key to start SpiFlash test”. Press the ISP button. The LEDs will blink as the test is run, and the SPI flash device ID and name will be shown on the terminal.
  • The terminal will show “Press key to start I2cTemperature test ...”. Press the ISP button to run this test, which checks communication with the LM75 temperature sensor.
  • The terminal will show “Press key to start ADC Potentiometer test ...”. Press the ISP button to run this test. The test checks the LPC804 ADC and potentiometer (VR1), looking for the ADC reading to change at least once as it takes 6 samples over several seconds. Use the supplied screwdriver to adjust VR1 so the test passes.

After you check the demo test, download the example codes for Keil from this link:

LPC800 Code Bundles|NXP 

Unzip the file and double click to peripheral_examples under the LPC804-EX-CODE-KEIL\Keil_Projects folder

pastedImage_2.png

It is important to build the projects utilities_lib and peripherals_lib before any other example project.

Build the desired example project, in this case GPIO_interrupts

pastedImage_5.png

Load the code to flash memory

pastedImage_6.png

Debug the project

pastedImage_8.png

Run the project:

pastedImage_9.png

Please check the below options in "Options for target.."

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

g40
Contributor II

Hi Sol,

Thanks for the detailed walk-thru, most helpful and it should be in the documentation :smileyhappy:. However, I'm good with all of that. What I'd be really keen to see are the settings you have in the 'utilties' tab, especially for the flash settings. When I try and debug the GPIO interrupts project I get this in the command window:

Build Project 'GPIO_Interrupts' - Target 'flash'
linking...
Program Size: Code=4464 RO-data=536 RW-data=28 ZI-data=612
".\Objects\GPIO_Interrupts.axf" - 0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).
Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:00
Load "R:\\src\\LPC804-EX-CODE-KEIL\\Keil_Projects\\GPIO_Interrupts\\Objects\\GPIO_Interrupts.axf"
Erase Failed!
Error: Flash Download failed - "Cortex-M0+"
Flash Load finished at 18:13:52

and this is what I get when I navigate via the 'Options for target Flash button and move on to the the utilities tab. The problem is there is no obvious candidate for flashing. I have got the latest NXP pack installed via this link: http://www.keil.com/dd2/nxp/lpc804/#/third-party-download-dialog

Thanks for listening. Much appreciated.

mdk5-flash-options.jpg

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

pastedImage_1.png

You need to add the pack, please check the below link:

Pack Installer 

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

g40
Contributor II

Hello Sol

So that pack does not install correctly. It looks like it has some malformed content. The 'svdconv.exe' error log is here: https://pastebin.com/UNcxiw3U.

It would be _very_ helpful if you could show your flash utility settings BTW.

TAIA

0 Kudos