Could not stop execution from running. Redlink error 255.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not stop execution from running. Redlink error 255.

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

How does one regain debugging control when this error occurs, without having to start the program from the beginning?

This is a common occurrence, due to the LPC-Link probe's poor EMC immunity - it happens when a contactor changes state, or even when the soldering iron thermostat turns off (or when a fly sneezes in the next office) and I am trying to monitor my program for an entire run-cycle of a week.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

You could try attaching to the target, you can find more information on the chapter 11.3.2 Connecting to a running Target in the MCUXpresso IDE user guide.

Regarding the EMC inmunnity, does the same problems happen on other places besides the office? there seem to be many noise in your voltage line to cause what you mention.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

Hurrah for "attach" - that is a very useful feature! I can also see it being handy when a project starts correctly when launched by "debug", but doesn't when switched on from cold and allowed to start by itself.

The EMC immunity problems all stem from large inductances being de-energised. If the transformer in a Weller soldering iron on the same bench causes problems, what chance do I stand with the coil in a 160 Amp three-phase contactor? (It's definitely the coil, not the current being switched that causes problems) Both the USB and the SWD connections to the LPC-LINK2 are wound common-mode around a 40mm ferrite toroid, which improves things a lot, but it still fails with "bad ACK" from time to time when the contactor switches off.

0 Kudos