Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK and the old PEx (non-KSDK) compatibility

Jump to solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate a project's drivers from PEx to KSDK. I have the entire project working on KDS with PEx but I'd like to replace it for KSDK gradually. I tried to create a project with KSDK and PEx, I expected to keep the project working and only replace the peripherals drivers one-by-one but when I create the project the PEx components seems to be working under KSDK drivers.

Is it possible to keep the project working with "the old" PEx and add KSDK code gradually?

FYI, I want to use KSDK v1.1.0 for TWR-K60D100M.

Best regards,

Earl.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Earl:

I am afraid that is not possible, in a project you can either have processor expert KSDK components (fsl_xxx) or legacy components (LDD).

So if you want to migrate to KSDK, then you have to start from scratch, creating a KSDK + PEx project, adding KSDK components and configuring them in a similar way to your old components, but keep in mind that KSDK drivers (APIs) are very different than old PEx drivers, so this will require some time+work.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Earl:

I am afraid that is not possible, in a project you can either have processor expert KSDK components (fsl_xxx) or legacy components (LDD).

So if you want to migrate to KSDK, then you have to start from scratch, creating a KSDK + PEx project, adding KSDK components and configuring them in a similar way to your old components, but keep in mind that KSDK drivers (APIs) are very different than old PEx drivers, so this will require some time+work.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez