I noticed that the KSDK 2.0 has support for the eMMC. Are there any examples?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I noticed that the KSDK 2.0 has support for the eMMC. Are there any examples?

Jump to solution
calvinday
Contributor III

I am using a K66 device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
calvinday
Contributor III

I was able to get the sdcard_fatfs_twrk65f180m example working with the eMMC device.

(C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0\boards\twrk65f180m\driver_examples\sdcard_fatfs)

It does require a few changes:

I had to add SDHC_D4 - SDHC_D7 multiplexing and did not use the card detect. (eMMC is not normally removed)

Debug was on a different port.

const TCHAR driverNumberBuffer[3U] = {MMCDISK + '0', ':', '/'}; // this was SDDISK

#define  _VOLUMES 5 // this was 3

#define MMC_DISK_ENABLE  // this was added

I couldn't set the max speed 52 MHz because my system clock is set to 32.768 MHz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
calvinday
Contributor III

I was able to get the sdcard_fatfs_twrk65f180m example working with the eMMC device.

(C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0\boards\twrk65f180m\driver_examples\sdcard_fatfs)

It does require a few changes:

I had to add SDHC_D4 - SDHC_D7 multiplexing and did not use the card detect. (eMMC is not normally removed)

Debug was on a different port.

const TCHAR driverNumberBuffer[3U] = {MMCDISK + '0', ':', '/'}; // this was SDDISK

#define  _VOLUMES 5 // this was 3

#define MMC_DISK_ENABLE  // this was added

I couldn't set the max speed 52 MHz because my system clock is set to 32.768 MHz

0 Kudos
calvinday
Contributor III

There is a code snippet. It would seem that there might be an example that goes with it:

C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0\docs\Kinetis SDK v.2.0 API Reference Manual\group__SDHC.html

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Calvin,

at the moment there is no such example for eMMC under KSDK 2.0.

I will keep you informed in case of any update.

Have a nice day.

Iva

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos