Convert non-KSDK project to KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert non-KSDK project to KSDK

kevinpenn92
Contributor I

I've been developing a project for a while using the non-KSDK version of the MK21FN1M0VLL12 processor in processor expert to setup hardware.  I'm working on implementing support for a micro SD card and would like to use the KSDK version now as there is better support for the micro SD.  Is it possible to convert a project setup initially without the KSDK to a project that uses the KSDK?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin Penn:

Unfortunately there is not a direct migration path from the legacy Processor Expert to a project using KSDK drivers.

The best and cleanest approach is to start with a base project and replicate the application using the new drivers.

- With the Kinetis SDK Project Generator you can create a new project or clone one of the existing KSDK example projects:

New Kinetis SDK Project Generator v2 is available!

- If using KDS then you can use the Kinetis SDK v2.x Project Wizard:

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

Best regards,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos