Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI - how to make button border not visible

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make eGUI button border not visible (I'm using v2.1). I may set (in a scheme) forecolor to the same color as screen background (this makes border not visible) but in this way I have the text in the same color as screen background also. I need the text (on the button) to be of a different color and the button border not visible.

How to do this ?

Regards

Maciek

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the one way how to do it is, switch off the focus rectangle, in flags that describe the button.

There are two possible ways:

1. If you want do this in whole project for all buttons - So in this case you can in d4d_usr_cfg.h file changed the default behaviour for all buttons in project. (remove D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT and uncomment D4D_BTN_F_DEFAULT  macro to use it by project)

#define D4D_BTN_F_DEFAULT  (D4D_OBJECT_F_VISIBLE | D4D_OBJECT_F_ENABLED | D4D_OBJECT_F_TABSTOP | D4D_OBJECT_F_TOUCHENABLE | D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT)

2. If you do it individual. Then you can use the full version of button declaration macro  and create the own set of flags. The parameter flags , without D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT .

D4D_DECLARE_BUTTON(name, text, x, y, cx, cy, flags, pbmpN, pbmpF, pScheme, fontId, pUser, onclick, pOnUsrMsg)

Gargy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the one way how to do it is, switch off the focus rectangle, in flags that describe the button.

There are two possible ways:

1. If you want do this in whole project for all buttons - So in this case you can in d4d_usr_cfg.h file changed the default behaviour for all buttons in project. (remove D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT and uncomment D4D_BTN_F_DEFAULT  macro to use it by project)

#define D4D_BTN_F_DEFAULT  (D4D_OBJECT_F_VISIBLE | D4D_OBJECT_F_ENABLED | D4D_OBJECT_F_TABSTOP | D4D_OBJECT_F_TOUCHENABLE | D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT)

2. If you do it individual. Then you can use the full version of button declaration macro  and create the own set of flags. The parameter flags , without D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT .

D4D_DECLARE_BUTTON(name, text, x, y, cx, cy, flags, pbmpN, pbmpF, pScheme, fontId, pUser, onclick, pOnUsrMsg)

Gargy

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm clear enough, so I've enclosed an explicit image (on the left is what I have now; on the right is what I would like to have). Red and green widgets on the picture are buttons. I'm experimenting with the demo project for k60n512 from 2.1 distribution of eGUI (if it helps).

This border is visible on all buttons at once, no matter they are 'focused' or not.

Regards

Maciek

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It doesn't matter if it focused or not, I'm talking if it has focus rectangle or not:

For example button definition without focus rectangle:

Prototype:

Used:

D4D_DECLARE_BUTTON(my_button, "My Button", 10, 10, 100, 50, (D4D_OBJECT_F_VISIBLE | D4D_OBJECT_F_ENABLED | D4D_OBJECT_F_TABSTOP | D4D_OBJECT_F_TOUCHENABLE), NULL, NULL, NULL, MY_FONT, NULL, MyOnCLickFunction, NULL)

Best regards

Gargy

Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

In the new 3.0 version of eGUI it does work! I had to remove all the flags:

D4D_OBJECT_F_FOCUSRECT,

D4D_BTN_F_3D,

D4D_BTN_F_CONT_RECT

to obtain the border-less button.

In the old 2.1 version it does not work.

I switched to the new version and now working with eGUI 3.0.

It would be very helpful to have these parameters described in a more detailed way in the documentation.

Thanks for help

Maciek

0 Kudos
Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the eGUI 3.00 brings a lot of new things and fixed bugs. I recommended to use it, at the moment we are waiting for new Converter utility to support all new features (UNICODE, binary resource files, 24bit colours etc.) to release it on web publicly.

And you right that the documentation is no perfect, but there is a lot of things what could be described better, and for now the document has 250 pages, and we don't want to do from it something terrible big.

Gargy

0 Kudos