clarification needed regarding the TWR board(SCH 26185)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification needed regarding the TWR board(SCH 26185)

senthilvel
Contributor I

hello team ,

We are trying to send some data via the RS232 port using the UART peripheral. In the schematics (SCH 26185) it shows that the RS232 port is attached to UART 1 but while initializing the UART 1 if we give the base address of UART 1 (4006_B000h) as provided in the K70 Sub-Family Reference Manual it is not working . However it works when we give the base address of UART 2(4006_C000h). We suspect that UART 2 is only connected and there seems to be TYPO in the schematics.

Can you please confirm which UART (UART 1 or UART 2) is connected to RS232? I have attached the relevant section of the schematics.

Also in our project we need to use UART0 are there any procedure to use UART0 to transmit and receive the data?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

senthilvel
Contributor I

Hello team,

A gentle reminder do you have any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi senthil,

Sorry for the late reply.

The UART2 of K70 is connected to the RS232.

The UART2_TX and UART2_RX of K70 is connect to UART1_TX(A44) and UART1_RX(A43) of TWR-SER2 board. Below image can be found in TWR-K70F120M-SCH_C.pdf.

PCI EXPRESS TOWER SYSTEM PRIMARY.png

The TWR-ELEV and TWR-SER2 boards are not only designed for TWR-K70F120M. So the name may different.

UART0 and UART1 modules operate from the core/system clock, all other UART modules operate from the bus
clock. So the driver code of UART1 can be used for UART0.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos