Unable to access UART0 for device MKE04Z64VLH4 using Kinetis SDK and KExx_drv_lib v1.3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access UART0 for device MKE04Z64VLH4 using Kinetis SDK and KExx_drv_lib v1.3.0

Jump to solution
zg
Contributor II

I am using KDS v3.0.0 and the KExx_DRV_LIB v1.3.0 to develop an application for the MKE04Z64VLH4.  I am using a PEMicro USB Multilink Universal debugger. I have successfully added the additional memory-mapped peripherals and ports for this device.  Basic port testing works just fine.  However, any attempt to access UART0 (even a memory read of the status register) causes an interrupt and essentially halts the program.  As far as I can tell, no interrupts have been defined or enabled, all interrupts point to the "Default Handler".  Running the same code on a FRDM-KE04 evaluation board works just fine.  Also, running the simple "baremetal" example for the FRMD_KE04 that uses UART0 fails in exactly the same way.

Any suggestions on what to try next?  Why would a memory read of the UART0 memory location trigger an interrupt?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
zg
Contributor II

The root cause of this problem was found to be in the ConsoleIO component.  Changing to the AsynchroSerial component worked fine and has resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zg
Contributor II

The root cause of this problem was found to be in the ConsoleIO component.  Changing to the AsynchroSerial component worked fine and has resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
zg
Contributor II

I have created a small Processor Expert project which exhibits the problem on my client's board.  I have attached a screenshot of the failure.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zachary,

Does your chip is MKE04Z64VLH4 ? If yes , please change the "CPU type":

pastedImage_0.png

then have a try , recommend you first send one char to the terminal , if still can not work,

please use the oscilloscope to check the TX pin whether have signal .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
zg
Contributor II

Alice - thanks for your suggestions.  I downloaded and installed the KSDK1.3 and it does not seem to directly support the MKE04Z64VLH4 when using the New Project Wizard.  As for the FRMD_KE04 board itself, it never exhibits the problem.  The problem only occurs on my client's custom board, so I'm not sure you can reproduce the problem.  However I will try and send you the project in case you see something wrong.  My next step is to create a PE project (which does appear to support the MKE04Z64VLH4).  I will post an update when I have some more information.  Thanks for your help.

BR

Zack

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zachary,

About this "running the simple "baremetal" example for the FRMD_KE04 that uses UART0 fails in exactly the same way",

could you please test one under the KSDK1.3 about the UART0.

And also you can send the project on FRDM-KE04 to me , i will check it on my side .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos