cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Default handler

manvitha
Contributor II

Hi ,

I am working on KL25Z128 MCU  while doing the simple Uart communication using code warrior pointer enters default interrupt handler and program will enter to suspend state from running state can anyone help me on this please. Is there any settings that we should do before running the simple code? or am i

compiling in wrong way? I am a beginner in this. Thank you.

Regards,

Manvitha

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Manvitha

I think you can download KL series sample code from our website. Link is http://www.freescale.com/zh-Hans/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=KL2&nodeId=01624698C9E3EC&fps...

After you install it, you can find UART sample project from patch: ...\Kinetis L Sample Code\kl25_sc_rev6\klxx-sc-baremetal\build\iar\LQRUG_uart_ex1 Then you can develop your applicatin reference this sample project.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos

manvitha
Contributor II

Hi Zhe,

I'm doing with the same code. but the thing is i'm not getting where the problem is, may be the problem with how to open and debugg the code in code warrier (IDE).if you can please let me know  the procedure for how to open,debug,and compile.

in thanks and regards,

Manvi.

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Manvitha

Attached is the user guide of how to start to use Freedom board for your reference.

Hope this attachment can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

manvitha
Contributor II

hi, Zhe Tian

I didn't get what are those alt functions given to port pins. can you please clear me on that?

also as per previous discussion I am not able to get the output for the same sample code can I know the initialisation required or any other test can be done on that ?(working on bareboard project not the processor expert)

Thanks and Regards,

Manvika

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Manvika

I think you can test your board according following steps.

1. Connect freedom board to PC. And find which COM port freedom board use(my board is COM26).

2. Then open HyperTerminal and set baudrate 115200 and no hardware control. Other settings keep default value.
3. Run sample code in IDE and set a breakpoint at ISR routine.
4. Then you can see print message on HyperTerminal.

5. When you press key, you can receive this key value in your ISR.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos

manvitha
Contributor II

Hi ,Zhe Tian

I follow the same steps but small change is I won't set breakpoint to ISR

Routine. Is that necessarily want to set the break point to ISR routine?

Thanks and Regards,

Manvitha

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Manvitha

Do you use freedom board? If you set breakpoint, you can find code will stop at this point when you input a character such as A. Then you step in, you will read this key value from variable c.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos